Signature Card on MLS

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
kenfarley

Signature Card on MLS

Post by kenfarley »

I have followed the directions from lds.org to print a signature card from mls but it is not an option. We checked another wards mls and it comes up. Any ideas from anyone. I tried to call the help line but it said they are closed. We are a new ward only the second week in existance and would like to write some checks asap.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Signature Card on MLS

Post by jdlessley »

kenfarley wrote:I tried to call the help line but it said they are closed.
They are closed on weekends and holidays. You can contact them on Monday.

The signature card option is available to an MLS administrator and those MLS users with finance rights. If the MLS loggon was a user with administrator or finance rights and the option was not available then there is a problem with the installation of MLS. I would do an install on top of the current install to restore missing files.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

kenfarley wrote:We are a new ward only the second week in existance and would like to write some checks asap.
Assuming you can get MLS to print out the needed card, the only requirement to start printing checks is that it be properly signed and in the mail. That tells me that even though mail doesn't move on Sunday, if someone were to drop it in a post box, you may begin writing checks without further delay.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The signature card option is available to an MLS administrator and those MLS users with finance rights. If the MLS loggon was a user with administrator or finance rights and the option was not available then there is a problem with the installation of MLS. I would do an install on top of the current install to restore missing files.
Given that this is a brand-new ward, it's possible that the finances are not completely set up yet. I'd do a few more send/receives and see if the option appears. If not, call support on Monday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”