Annotating Records

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
maldwin

Annotating Records

Post by maldwin »

Where do I annotate a record for an incident serious enough for church discipline, but that happened two years before baptism and yet still needs to be added to his record.
eblood66

Re: Annotating Records

Post by eblood66 »

maldwin wrote:Where do I annotate a record for an incident serious enough for church discipline, but that happened two years before baptism and yet still needs to be added to his record.
Only church headquarters can actually add an annotation to a record. Handbook 1 Section 6.13.4 provides information on how an annotation may be added. It talks about written notification from the bishop and stake president but doesn't say where that notification should be sent. But other disciplinary actions are sent to the Office of the First Presidency so I assume notifications described in this section should be sent there as well.
maldwin

Post by maldwin »

I am sure that is true. I think the request for annotation sent to Salt Lake is done in MLS. I have done this after a finding of a Bishop's Disciplinary Council. It was done from the menu tab "Confidential Reports." and the menu that is for church discipline. Once the fields are filled out it is sent to Salt Lake.

This is a similar situation. The only difference is that no discipline was levied, because the incident happened two years before he was baptized so, do I write the request in the same area used for church discipline, only without any discipline described, or should it be done in some other area of MLS.

The directive that requests the annotation came from Salt Lake to the Stake, From the Stake to the Bishop, and from the Bishop to me. I asked this question of the Stake and they did not have an answer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If it's not done in "Confidential Reports" then it would be "Special Request".

This is sufficiently unusual, that a call to CHQ on how they want to do it may be in order.

As for the stake, if they don't have a answer, they should have at least helped you to find out where to get the answer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”