Member Record Number Privacy

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Member Record Number Privacy

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:Surely if the mother is a member, her sons MRN will be on her own IOS?
I thought the same thing, but I checked. It shows on the membership record, but not on the IOS.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

JonesRK wrote:
Biggles wrote:Surely if the mother is a member, her sons MRN will be on her own IOS?
I thought the same thing, but I checked. It shows on the membership record, but not on the IOS.
I did a check on a member in my own ward, whose son doesn't reside with her and his details were shown on her IOS. I did this using the Print Membership link, on the Clerk Resources page.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:
JonesRK wrote:
I did a check on a member in my own ward, whose son doesn't reside with her and his details were shown on her IOS. I did this using the Print Membership link, on the Clerk Resources page.
If you used the Print Membership link that prints the membership record. Use the Print Member's IOS link and it won't have the mrn.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

A quick check in MLS and Clerk Resources confirmed what Ryan Jones stated. An IOS does not have the childrens MRN, but the Membership Record does.

Members don't receive Membership Records they only receive the Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS). Even during the annual records review it it the IOS that is being reviewed not the Membership Record.
Last edited by Gary_Miller on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I stand corrected! I just didn't catch the difference, between the two options. I do know better and should have double checked before posting. Thanks for reminding me!

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”