Blessing Certificate

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
maldwin

Blessing Certificate

Postby maldwin » Sun May 19, 2013 11:24 am

I have to print a blessing certificate for a baby whose blessing ordinance has already been recorded. I can't find the recorded blessing in MLS, so I can't print the certificate. I also searched ldstech wiki and could not find what I need there.

Can someone tell me how to find and print the blessing certificate

eblood66

Re: Blessing Certificate

Postby eblood66 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:35 pm

maldwin wrote:I have to print a blessing certificate for a baby whose blessing ordinance has already been recorded. I can't find the recorded blessing in MLS, so I can't print the certificate. I also searched ldstech wiki and could not find what I need there.

Can someone tell me how to find and print the blessing certificate

Blessings are not stored permanently as part of the church record. It is only kept in the local MLS system where the blessing was entered. As soon as the record moves to another unit the information is lost.

However, if you know the details of the blessing you can easily print a certificate by selecting Membership, then Ordinances, and then Certificates on the menu. Then select Child Blessing Certificate, fill in the information, and print the new certificate.

maldwin

Re: Blessing Certificate

Postby maldwin » Sun May 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Thank you. I have all the information necessary to print a new certificate and now I can get it done.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”