Quarterly Report of Newly Formed Unit

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
mosleym

Quarterly Report of Newly Formed Unit

Post by mosleym »

I am the clerk of a unit that was formed midway through March. Due to the fact that we literally had no callings in the auxiliaries, we only had two sacrament meetings for the two Sundays after we were organized (This week will be the first full block of meetings).

Therefore, we have none of the attendance figures that apply to having attended Priesthood/RS/YM/YW/etc or HT/VT statistics for the month of March. Has any one received direction on how to submit a Quarterly Report in such an instance?

Any help is appreciated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly Report of Newly Formed Unit

Post by lajackson »

mosleym wrote:Any help is appreciated.
Assuming that your unit actually has some membership records, if it were me, I would ask the clerk of the unit from which you were created for a copy of their report, and then work up a good faith estimate that would reflect the kinds of statistics that were showing in your previous unit.

And for sacrament meeting, I would average the two numbers and use it.

For official guidance, of course, you will need to discuss your options with your priesthood leaders. There is nothing in writing on what to do of which I am aware.
johnshaw

Re: Quarterly Report of Newly Formed Unit

Post by johnshaw »

I would concur with lajackson on this, it is the way we have done it a couple of times when new units were created/changed etc...
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”