Membership Number ending "A"

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
freedom55

Post by freedom55 »

Just to "second" Alan's response, my membership number ends in A and I had no difficulty registering for NewFamilySearch. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some of the membership registration processes I've seen require you to enter the correct number of leading zeros. Perhaps it's not taking the "A" because it's not at the end?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Some of the membership registration processes I've seen require you to enter the correct number of leading zeros. Perhaps it's not taking the "A" because it's not at the end?
The New FamilySearch registration has three separate fields -- one for 3 digits, one for 4 digits, and one for 4 digits (the last of which may be the letter A). So it would be tough to make that mistake. And if you don't put exactly the right number of characters in each field, you receive a specific message telling you what to fix.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”