Member household plus children, export options

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
esogs

Member household plus children, export options

Post by esogs »

I'm not in MLS right now, but there is a standard report that you can "customize" to allow you to print head of household. You can elect to include children. We're looking for single line text of this format for a ward direcory (we know it is online, but members want a hard copy):

phone Lastname, Firstname & Spousefirstname, Child1, Child2, Child3, Address (and posssibly household e-mail).

I can get the report I want through the standard / custom report, but I can't print it as a comma delimited text file.

Does anyone know how export standard reports to text files? Or, if there is a way to do this with a custom report, that would work too, but I couldn't figure out a way to add children of head of household to a custom report.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Member household plus children, export options

Post by aebrown »

On just about any report screen (excluding those few that go straight to the printer), you can use Ctrl+Shift+C to copy all the contents of the report to your clipboard. Then you can go to a spreadsheet and paste the contents, and then manipulate the data however you'd like.

In many of those places, you can use the Edit menu and choose Copy to Clipboard or Copy to File, but there are a few places where you can't access the Edit menu, yet Ctrl+Shift+C will still work. Note that you might have to click onto one of the rows of data before doing Ctrl+Shift+C for it to work reliably.

Another source of this kind of data you might find to be a better starting point is to download the households from the Directory on LDS.org. That includes the whole family on a single row of a CSV file. You'd need to remove some columns using a spreadsheet, but you might find it easier to deal with.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”