Advice For New Clerks

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
ericwerny

Advice For New Clerks

Post by ericwerny »

Your new to an amazing calling. You along with your Bishop will mend the broken heart, lift the spirits of many in your ward. This is a very sacred calling. You will grow and become an amazing person. But what ever you do, never let it go to your head. Your abilities, and skills are needed by the church at this critical time.

I have been a clerk for ten years, and I consider myself young to this calling. There are many clerks that have been in their position for up to thirty years. Those are the Master Ninjas of MLS.

Read every update that sent to you on MLS, and read read read this forum from top to bottom, and ask questions. Read Book 1 and 2, and then most of all pray that you will be the best of the best as you sit down and do your calling. The members and Bishopric look to your for the RIGHT answers. If you have days where your challenged and you are having difficulty having the spirit, as for a blessing. Your too important to waver. You're the example setter. The youth think GEEKs are cool. So show them you care about them.

I could go on for hours about this. Just remember - You're in the seat because the Lord wants the best of the best to administrate his wards.

Love Ya - Your Brother In Christ

Eric W.
jpjones~ogr

Re: Advice For New Clerks

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Thank you Brother Eric.

As one who technically qualifies as a Master Ninja of MLS, your encouragement and challenge is appreciated. I feel new to my responsibilities as resources for maintaining records and taking care of clerical duties migrates to an on-line format. It's encouraging and daunting to be considered the geek who knows what can and can't be done. It seems that my preparation for this day and time started some time ago.

Take care all.
smvpegb

Re: Advice For New Clerks

Post by smvpegb »

ericwerny wrote:Your new to an amazing calling. You along with your Bishop will mend the broken heart, lift the spirits of many in your ward. This is a very sacred calling. You will grow and become an amazing person. But what ever you do, never let it go to your head. Your abilities, and skills are needed by the church at this critical time.

I have been a clerk for ten years, and I consider myself young to this calling. There are many clerks that have been in their position for up to thirty years. Those are the Master Ninjas of MLS.

Read every update that sent to you on MLS, and read read read this forum from top to bottom, and ask questions. Read Book 1 and 2, and then most of all pray that you will be the best of the best as you sit down and do your calling. The members and Bishopric look to your for the RIGHT answers. If you have days where your challenged and you are having difficulty having the spirit, as for a blessing. Your too important to waver. You're the example setter. The youth think GEEKs are cool. So show them you care about them.

I could go on for hours about this. Just remember - You're in the seat because the Lord wants the best of the best to administrate his wards.

Love Ya - Your Brother In Christ

Eric W.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”