Training Video Downloads

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
cdw3423lds

Training Video Downloads

Post by cdw3423lds »

Is there a way to download the training videos in a simple video format, not an interactive format? I would really like to watch them at a higher speed. I have a video player (VLC) that will let me play any video format at various speeds (audio and video). For me most of the content is stuff I already know but I'm sure there is still much I don't know. I would like a way to get through the stuff I know quickly and still not miss parts that are new to me. Watching at a higher speed is what I have found to be the most helpful. Any ideas?

Chris W
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The older videos (which is most of them at this point) use a Flash player that starts out by saying "Macromedia Breeze Player" on the splash screen. There's a button at the bottom right that allows you to see additional options. You can click that button to see the Notes tab. The Notes tab shows you the text that the narrator is reading. When I want to move quickly through the training, I just read the notes quickly and move to the next slide.

This option isn't available for the few newer courses that were created using SmartBuilder.

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but might give you a way to work through the courses more quickly.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”