Ward Weekly Bulletin?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
CRCente

Ward Weekly Bulletin?

Post by CRCente »

ANY help w/ organizing the start for our ward's bulletin would be great. Is there a Church program, site, or ?? Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

There is no Church program or site for ward bulletins, although the upcoming Newsletter feature (which will soon be in beta) might fill some (but not all) of the purposes of a ward bulletin.

For a bulletin created in a word processor, see the thread Bulletins in MS Word Format. It has lots of great ideas, and several templates and sample documents to help you get started.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
CRCente

TY, AEBrown

Post by CRCente »

TY, hopefully can get setup on Word for my new calling.
tomjoht

getting started

Post by tomjoht »

If you'd like more info about the Upcoming Newsletter app, you can read the help content here: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Newsletter.

I'm not sure how long the beta will last, but hopefully not too long before it becomes official.
davebailey

Post by davebailey »

I had a similar idea over the weekend and documented it here.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/User:Davebail ... g_Bulletin

Feel free to comment or contribute.
alioke

Re: Ward Weekly Bulletin?

Post by alioke »

It is possible to have just digital bulletin with the sacrament program or it should always be printed?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

alioke wrote:It is possible to have just digital bulletin with the sacrament program or it should always be printed?
A ward can do anything they wish. I have been places where a program was not printed. I know of a ward in a neighboring city where the program is sent to member phones as they enter the chapel. Of course, members without smart phones will not get the program.

While there is no requirement for a printed program, most wards do, if they have a program, because not all of the members are able yet to see the program digitally.
davemoore99

Post by davemoore99 »

lajackson wrote:
alioke wrote:It is possible to have just digital bulletin with the sacrament program or it should always be printed?
I know of a ward in a neighboring city where the program is sent to member phones as they enter the chapel. Of course, members without smart phones will not get the program.
Whoa this is cool!! Would love to know how this works - have the bulletin sent to the members phone as they enter the chapel...
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

davemoore99 wrote:
lajackson wrote:
I know of a ward in a neighboring city where the program is sent to member phones as they enter the chapel. Of course, members without smart phones will not get the program.
Whoa this is cool!! Would love to know how this works - have the bulletin sent to the members phone as they enter the chapel...
On another thread in this forum, someone reported they had a page with a QR code on it in the foyer - members could scan the QR code which would load the current ward bulletin on their device. I wonder if this is what happens in this case (rather than a mechanism that pushes them to the phones upon entering the building).
davemoore99

Post by davemoore99 »

Ahh that's a great idea, the QR code. I'm a new stake clerk and the topic of ward bulletins came up a few weeks ago. We discussed the need for them and came to the conclusion to keep them printed but the QR code is a great idea. Thanks!

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”