Finding membership

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Finding membership

Postby jrawlin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 pm

I have a couple in our Ward that winter in Southern Utah and spend the summers in the mountains nearby. I have sent there records to SLC and the returned them to her daughter who is in our Ward.The daughter said keep them in our Ward. Worried they are not getting the fellowship they need what can I do with there records?

Community Administrator
Posts: 23905
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Do you have an address? How long will they be out of the ward? IIRC, the records should be moved if they will be out longer than 3 months.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "" to the search criteria.

User avatar
Community Administrator
Posts: 15058
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:06 pm

RussellHltn wrote: IIRC, the records should be moved if they will be out longer than 3 months.

Yes, Handbook 1, section 13.6.4 says that records should be moved when a member moves out of the ward for more than three months. So if they spend 6 months in the south and 6 in the north, then the records will get moved back and forth. But that's the policy, and there's good reason for that -- it makes sure that the records are where the people are so that they can better feel the fellowship of the ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests