Custom Reports

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
zaneclark

Custom Reports

Post by zaneclark »

Just found this very useful link on Custom Reports: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Custom_reports_(MLS)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Custom Reports

Post by lajackson »

Keep in mind that custom reports are not available in LCR. There has been no indication so far whether or not they will become available.

Also keep in mind that MLS functions are scheduled to move to LCR by the end of the year.

Finally, since home and visiting teaching information does not flow back to MLS, almost all of those custom reports will no longer be accurate or useful.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:Also keep in mind that MLS functions are scheduled to move to LCR by the end of the year.
Would you point me to where this has been stated, please.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Finally, since home and visiting teaching information does not flow back to MLS, almost all of those custom reports will no longer be accurate or useful.
I'm not sure which set of custom reports you're referring to. If you mean the reports on that wiki page, then I don't see how the above statement is true, since only one of the reports has any reference to home teachers, and even that reference is not essential.

I would agree that anyone using custom reports in MLS at this point does need to be aware that some of the data that can be shown in custom reports will not be accurate if that data is no longer synced to MLS. But as long as you understand those limitations, there are still plenty of uses for custom reports at this point that will produce useful data.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:
lajackson wrote:Also keep in mind that MLS functions are scheduled to move to LCR by the end of the year.
The July 17, 2015 LDSTech Broadcast on Leader and Clerk Resources by Brian Fromm. (52:25)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:
lajackson wrote:Finally, since home and visiting teaching information does not flow back to MLS, almost all of those custom reports will no longer be accurate or useful.
I'm not sure which set of custom reports you're referring to.
I was referring to any custom reports with home or visiting teaching information in them.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:Keep in mind that custom reports are not available in LCR. There has been no indication so far whether or not they will become available.
I misspoke. In that same LDSTech Broadcast I mentioned two posts ago, Brian Fromm stated that Custom Reports are on the list of things that still need to move from MLS to LCR. It is the next to last item on the list. That would seem to be an indication the custom reports are coming to LCR, hopefully later this year.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:
Biggles wrote:
The July 17, 2015 LDSTech Broadcast on Leader and Clerk Resources by Brian Fromm. (52:25)
Note that Brian Fromm's statement pertains only to Membership functions; over 10 months ago the plan was to move the membership functions from MLS to LCR by the end of 2016. I don't know if that is still the schedule, but in any case, it was never the plan to have all the finance functions moved over to LCR that quickly.

Of course, since this discussion relates to Custom Reports, and custom reports never had any connection to finance features in MLS, it is reasonable to conclude that the plan (at least as of last July) was to move all the membership functions, including custom reports, to LCR by the end of 2016.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
Biggles wrote:
Thanks all for the information. That broadcast completely slipped by me. :roll:
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:
lajackson wrote:
Biggles wrote: Would you point me to where this has been stated, please.
Thanks all for the information. That broadcast completely slipped by me. :roll:
There is a lot of really cool information that just slid by in that broadcast. I was quite surprised, but very pleased, at his candor. I would be happy if most of it came true.

And yes, I should have made clearer what aebrown said, that the Finance portion of the MLS to LCR conversion is on a different schedule. Brian clearly said that within a sentence or two. But we were only talking about custom reports, which only pertained to the membership side of MLS.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”