A few questions about ordering supplies

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: A few questions about ordering supplies

Post by aebrown »

jmower wrote:Yes, I tried those things, but I do not have a customer number that I know of. Our ward number is a 5 digit number, not a 7-digit number as directed
The instructions on store.lds.org under Unit Materials give the customer ID (the same for all Church units), and also explain that your user ID is LDS#######, where ######## is your 7-digit unit number. If your unit has fewer than 7 digits, then pad on the left with zeroes, e.g., if your unit number is 12345, then your user ID is LDS0012345.
jmower wrote:...and none of the passwords work that get me into MLS.
The password is listed on that same page.
jmower wrote:Is it permissible for me to use Amazon and get reimbursed? It seems much easier.
Yes, it's permissible; you can purchase supplies anywhere and get reimbursed, as long as you are being prudent with costs and you have proper receipts. However, using Staples via store.lds.org is much easier once you figure it out. Your ward's checking account gets charged automatically, so you don't have to submit as much paperwork, the clerk doesn't have to write a check, and you don't have to deposit it. It really does save time and hassle every time you buy, and with the Church's volume discounts, you will be hard pressed to beat the Staples prices in most cases.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

jmower wrote:Yes, I tried those things, but I do not have a customer number that I know of. Our ward number is a 5 digit number, not a 7-digit number as directed, and none of the passwords work that get me into MLS. Is it permissible for me to use Amazon and get reimbursed? It seems much easier.
The link I gave (and Russell gave as well) contains the customer number and the password. As others have explained, format your unit number as directed by those instructions.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jwunsch300

Post by jwunsch300 »

It is now 2023 and using the staples link to order office supplies does not work. The labels of the respective Customer ID, User ID and Password do not work on the staples site using the link provided. Maybe things have changed but the current instructions don't work. I have tried every combination of the information on the church website on the staple website. Still does not work. Any help would be appreciated..
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jwunsch300 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:39 pm It is now 2023 and using the staples link to order office supplies does not work.

Is the link not working as in it does not take you to the site or that when clicked you get an error message? If I read the post correctly you actually get to the site but run into problems with the sign in procedures. Does that correctly define the issue?

I just went through the steps to order office supplies from Staples Advantage. As a disclaimer, I have been going to the site for a number of years. And over those years the procedures have changed several times - or rather the website has changed and the step by step instructions have not kept up with the changes. All the information for IDs and passwords are in the instructions but not all are needed. Pay attention to what the website asks for and look for that information in the LCR instructions page. Do not blindly follow the LCR instruction steps. Following the instructions exactly will most certainly end in failure if you do not enter what the website is asking you to provide.

My unit is in the United States so I am not familiar with what the units in Canada may see on their eway page. But the changes I have experienced on staples advantage may be echoed in the eway page.

The first ID in step 2 of the instructions states you should provide the Customer ID. Currently the website does not ask for this. The first ID the site needs is the User ID. Pay attention to the instructions about your unit number as used in the User ID needing to be seven digits. Our unit number is six digits so we have to add a leading zero. This is followed by the Default Password. If you run into an error message after entering the password then first make sure you used seven digits for your unit ID. If that was done correctly then the most likely cause is someone has changed the default password. From the LCR instructions: "Note: It is highly recommended that you do not change the default password since other approved users in your unit will also sign in with it." If the password was changed and you do not know it, then you may need to call the Global Services Department (GSD) for assistance in getting it changed back to the default.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
alfonsoscudiero

Post by alfonsoscudiero »

jmower wrote: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:14 am I am a new clerk and tried to order through Staples. It asks for a customer # (which I don't have) and a 7 digit ward # (our number has 5 digits) and a password (and I have no idea what password to use...I have used all the passwords that I use to get into MLS). So, I dispute that it is easy to order through Staples. Is is permissible for me to order through Amazon and then submit a bill to get reimbursed?
[Moderator Note: Sensitive information deleted. This is a public forum.
All of the information you will need to order from Staples is in this link so kindly provided by alfonsoscudiero]

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... s?lang=eng for reference...

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”