New interactive Duty to God tracking site

Discussions about other Church websites
dshep2020

New interactive Duty to God tracking site

Post by dshep2020 »

I saw that there is a new interactive Duty to God site.

http://DutytoGod.lds.org

The format and interaction is great. Am I missing how YM and bishopric members can track the progress of YM as they progress through Learn, Act, and Share? Hopefully I am just missing where this is located. If this was not included, that is very unfortunate. Anyone know where it is located?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dshepher wrote:I saw that there is a new interactive Duty to God site.

http://DutytoGod.lds.org

The format and interaction is great. Am I missing how YM and bishopric members can track the progress of YM as they progress through Learn, Act, and Share? Hopefully I am just missing where this is located. If this was not included, that is very unfortunate. Anyone know where it is located?
Unfortunately the full features of the site are not available to everyone just by going to the site. A young man must logon to the site using his LDS Account credentials to activate his tracking. Then his parents and leaders can also logon using their individual LDS Account and view his progress or sign off accomplishments if appropriate.

Just for situations where people not the young man, his parents, or his leaders want to see how it works it would be nice to have a help or FAQ page showing the full features. Hopefully this is being developed.

There is another thread, Duty to God and Personal Progress church web sites, about this same topic you may want to read.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I am in the Bishopric and once I log on with my LDS Account to the Duty to God site, I don't see where I can track the progress of our YM, including my son who is a deacon. The purpose of my original post was to see if I was missing the location for Duty to God progress reporting once logged in, or if that feature is planned and will be implimented at a later date. Sorry if that was not clear.

Also, I was the originator of that other thread concerning Duty to God and Personal progress and have been following it closesly. I posted it prior to the Personal Progress tracking coming online.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Has your son logged into the site?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Has your son logged into the site?
My son has logged into the site and entered his information, but I also cannot see anything about him when I log into the DutyToGod site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Yeah, my son has registered, logged in and started to enter information into the Duty To God site. I cannot see anything about his progress as a parent or leader.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

The tracking features aren't up for DTG yet, just Personal Progress.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Tortdog, do you know if they will be in the future? Would be nice if there was a FAQ that would list what features are being released and which ones are still in development. I tend to rely on this forum for the most up to date information and wanted to spark to conversion.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

I don't know. But the fact that it is for Personal Progress sure give me reason to believe that it would be. It might be that they had to tweak it to allow for quorum presidencies to also monitor, something that might not be necessary with the YW program. But I would be utterly shocked if it did not soon have a review feature for parents and adult leaders.

As you mentioned, there is no FAQ, which suggests it's not done yet.
zevlag

Post by zevlag »

Has there been any change or update on this feature?

Return to “Other Websites”