New version of LDS Catalog now online in beta

Discussions about other Church websites
cottrells

Order status - out of stock

Post by cottrells »

On Saturday I ordered two items. A unit order on n/c forms that we need and a personal item which I paid using my VISA card. When I first logged on to the site I selected England as my country. While I was browsing the site all prices were in GBP (£). Great, I thought, I know that the distribution centre have spoken about online ordering coming soon, so I made the two orders. Today (Tuesday) I received two emails both stating that the order item is out of stock and it is on back order. Now is this because they are out of stock or because the orders didn't go straight to the England distribution centre or just because it's a beta site?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

techgy wrote:I'm thinking that their mail server may be blocking the domain that I used for my Email (Gmail). At least that's one of the possibilities.
This happened to me too with my Gmail address. I didn't think of trying a different email address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Considering that the church is moving some of their email systems to gmail, that seems surprising.

I wonder if something is getting confused between regular gmail and internal mail hosted on gmail.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

oregonmatt wrote:This happened to me too with my Gmail address. I didn't think of trying a different email address.
I've tried two different Email addresses and both returned my feedback. One address was a Gmail account and the other was a business account. Maybe they just didn't like my feedback:rolleyes:
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:I've tried two different Email addresses and both returned my feedback. One address was a Gmail account and the other was a business account. Maybe they just didn't like my feedback:rolleyes:
I wonder if the problem is a recent problem with all email. I submitted feedback earlier than oregonmatt or techgy using my gmail account, and it went through just fine. So it doesn't seem like a gmail account, but rather a matter of timing.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Alan_Brown wrote:I wonder if the problem is a recent problem with all email. I submitted feedback earlier than oregonmatt or techgy using my gmail account, and it went through just fine. So it doesn't seem like a gmail account, but rather a matter of timing.
Are you sure yours went through? You might check spam folders, etc, for bounce messages. The message I got from gmail was
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... nswer=7720
[store.lds.org (1): Connection timed out]
It doesn't look like a problem with the MX record, as a dig mx of store.lds.org returns smtp.gmhwh.org. This is the same smtp server pointed to by ldschurch.org, which is the email domain that church employees use. Knowing this, I'd bet that the smtp server hasn't been modified to accept the new email domain of store.lds.org.

Now the problem remains - how to notify somebody to fix it. :confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

oregonmatt wrote:Are you sure yours went through? You might check spam folders, etc, for bounce messages.
Yes, I'm certain my message did not bounce, but my memory was bad on a critical point. I did not send my message through my normal gmail account, but rather from my work account -- which happens to be from a Church mail server. So it really wasn't a very helpful test for the rest of you who have reported problems. Sorry about the misleading info.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
heyring

Works Great

Post by heyring »

The new site is a significant improvement. I was able to navigate, cart and purchase without any problems. Or at least that's how it appears :) Once the DVD I ordered shows up, then the trial will be complete :rolleyes:
Cra-Z-p40

Post by Cra-Z-p40 »

It looks nicer, but it's still missing something important as far as I can see. The only reason I call the Distribution Center is to get foreign language material that's not listed in the database. Sometimes they suggest to just search for the item number and order it like that, however, that has never worked for me.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Cra-Z wrote:It looks nicer, but it's still missing something important as far as I can see. The only reason I call the Distribution Center is to get foreign language material that's not listed in the database. Sometimes they suggest to just search for the item number and order it like that, however, that has never worked for me.
The new site has changed the way it handles foreign language materials. You just search for the item you want (by item number, by title, or by browsing). Once you find the item, there will be a language field. It may just say "Language: English" (as in this item) or more commonly it will have a dropdown for language (as in this item). Once you have selected the desired language, you'll see if the item is in stock or available for backorder.

But it does appear that the database for the new store is not fully loaded. For example, I can search for item 53330 in the current ldscatalog.com and find French and Spanish versions, but that item doesn't appear at all in the new store.

Return to “Other Websites”