Ward and stake leaders may only access the leader section of LDSJobs.org if they are recorded correctly in MLS. Many leaders, especially employment specialists, have been entered incorrectly and are unable to access the leader section of LDSJobs.org. The most common error has been selecting (or creating) a non-standard calling (distinguished by an orange dot in the list of callings) in place of one of the standard employment specialist callings (distinguished by a gold star in the list of callings). Please see step 6 in the instructions below for clarification.
To enter ward or stake employment specialist correctly in MLS, follow these steps (see attachment for screenshots):
- Open MLS.
- Under the Organizations heading click "More".
- Under Bishopric/Other Callings click "Other Callings".
- At the top of the box click "Add Position".
- Click the "Select" button to the right of Positions.
- Find and click on the gold starred Employment Specialist* label; if you choose a label with an orange dot it will not allow the person in the calling to properly access ldsjobs.org.
- Click the "Select" button under heading Person Being Called to find the member called to the position.
- Click "Save" once the member has been selected.
- Click the Calendar icon and select the date they were set apart in the calling, then click OK.
- Click the "Send/Receive Changes" button at the bottom of the page to finish.
- Note: It typically takes a day before the new calling is registered on the individual's account in LDSJobs.org.
* The starred label for a ward or branch is "Employment Specialist"; for a district, "District Employment Specialist"; for a stake, "Stake Employment Specialist"