MyLDSMail.net

Discussions about other Church websites
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

faazshift wrote:Heres a link to a screenshot I took showing where the setting is: http://66.93.224.121/pub/LDSMail-Screenshot.png.
Hummm... It appears not all of the Church's organizations moved off of Novell/Groupwise. :rolleyes:

I still access one email account from a client using Groupwise and I finally got into the habit of always hitting CTRL-A, then CTRL-C before sending any email I just composed. That way if I timed it out (which I did often) I could just paste what I had back in and try it again.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Mikerowaved wrote:I still access one email account from a client using Groupwise and I finally got into the habit of always hitting CTRL-A, then CTRL-C before sending any email I just composed. That way if I timed it out (which I did often) I could just paste what I had back in and try it again.
This suggestion is described as a procedure in their Helps section. It's a great idea - if you remember to do it often enough :)
faazshift wrote:Heres a link to a screenshot I took showing where the setting is: http://66.93.224.121/pub/LDSMail-Screenshot.png.
Thanks. The missionaries will be back next Monday and I'll have them check their settings and report back on what I find.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

The missionary mail will be migrating to a gmail-based system over the next 2-3 months. Missionaries will receive an email soon asking them to create an LDS Account in preparation to move over to the new system.
[font=&quot][/font]
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

McDanielCA wrote:The missionary mail will be migrating to a gmail-based system over the next 2-3 months. Missionaries will receive an email soon asking them to create an LDS Account in preparation to move over to the new system.
Good news. I'll pass this along and have them wait for further light and knowledge:p
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

McDanielCA wrote:The missionary mail will be migrating to a gmail-based system over the next 2-3 months. Missionaries will receive an email soon asking them to create an LDS Account in preparation to move over to the new system.

Cassie,

The "LDS Mail" (www.ldsmail.net) used by CES and FHC and the "LDS Leadership Mail" (www.lds.org/ldsmailleader) used by stake presidents still uses the same system (Novel Groupwise Web version) as "My LDS Mail" (www.myldsmail.net) uses today. Know you if these other systems will megrate to Google Apps e-mail services too?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I've mentioned this to the full-time missionaries in our area and although they've heard about it through an Email they haven't yet been told to create the LDS account. In fact, they told me that are not permitted to visit the lds.org web site.
Mikeyvon

Re: MyLDSMail.net

Post by Mikeyvon »

half of us missionaries cant login to our my ldsmail account. Can anyone help?
the6th

Post by the6th »

Same here, Myldsmail.net wont redirect me to Gmail to actually be able to email home. Let me know if you find a cure.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Most of the people on this forum are just end-users, not programmers for the Church – is it a widespread problem? I.e. are your companions and district members having the same problems? If so, I'd recommend getting in contact with the mission office and have them contact the Church to get it fixed more quickly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

FYI - there was a wide-spread problem today, and it has been resolved.

Return to “Other Websites”