LDS Preparedness Blog

Discussions about other LDS websites such as Mormon.org, ProvidentLiving.org, etc.
User avatar
ebastow
New Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:53 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho USA

LDS Preparedness Blog

Postby ebastow » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Can anyone give me some insight on this site: http://preparedness.ldswelfare.org/

It seems to be an officially, unofficial church site... states from "The Provident Living Web Site Team"

User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby mkmurray » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:41 am

ebastow wrote:Can anyone give me some insight on this site: http://preparedness.ldswelfare.org/

It seems to be an officially, unofficial church site... states from "The Provident Living Web Site Team"

Seems like a nice site by some good members of the Church, but I don't see any evidence of it being an official Church site.
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:51 am

The site is hosted by Dreamhost.com so I would agree that it's not an official site. Furthermore on their home page they have a disclaimer that states;

"This is not an official web site for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:52 am

mkmurray wrote:Seems like a nice site by some good members of the Church, but I don't see any evidence of it being an official Church site.


It's clearly not an official Church site -- it even has a disclaimer specifically stating that it is not an official site.

But it is an unusual site, in that it seems to have been started by actual Church employees who work on the official Provident Living site, soliciting input so that in their roles as Church employees they can improve the official site.

I think that's what ebastow was trying to communicate in saying it's an "officially unofficial" site. It's not hosted by the Church and is clearly unofficial, but seems to have a quasi-official purpose.

User avatar
ebastow
New Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:53 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho USA

Any Insight

Postby ebastow » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:19 am

Alan_Brown wrote:It's clearly not an official Church site -- it even has a disclaimer specifically stating that it is not an official site.

But it is an unusual site, in that it seems to have been started by actual Church employees who work on the official Provident Living site, soliciting input so that in their roles as Church employees they can improve the official site.

I think that's what ebastow was trying to communicate in saying it's an "officially unofficial" site. It's not hosted by the Church and is clearly unofficial, but seems to have a quasi-official purpose.


You are right.. it is clearly stated that it is not a Church Site, but the team appears to be employees... just was wondering if any of the team are in the Tech Formum and could give some enlightenment.

dc53123-p40
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am
Location: United States

Postby dc53123-p40 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:11 am

Yes, it does not look like an official site. Although, it does have some nice features on it. However, it is lacking content and doesn't have much on the site pertaining to preparedness - at least not yet. Maybe once the site gets more populated it will get better.

You should check out this alternative in the meantime... this site has a lot of useful information on LDS Emergency Preparedness and LDS Food Storage. The site is: www.ldsemergencyresources.com

DW


Return to “Other Websites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest