The Mormon Channel

Discussions about other Church websites
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

It could also be that Apple (possibly at the request of the Church) is holding off on the release of the app until the iPhone OS 3.0 is available (on 06/17/2009).
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jbh001 wrote:It could also be that Apple (possibly at the request of the Church) is holding off on the release of the app until the iPhone OS 3.0 is available (on 06/17/2009).
I feel doubtful of this possibility. The verbiage on the Wiki page Alan linked to gives me the impression it's still under development. This is confirmed further if you visit the Jira task list for the project, which still contains several unresolved tasks/issues (this can only be seen if you've signed up to be a community volunteer developer and have been granted access).

I will give you this. It could be farther along than I first thought.
samliddicott

Post by samliddicott »

This is how I listen to mormon radio on the linux command line:

Code: Select all

flvstreamer -m 30 -v -r rtmpt://fls3g1.services.att-idns.net/al1/9874_9200_01   -s http://radio.lds.org/mc_files/flash/theMormonChannelPlayer.swf -p http://radio.lds.org/eng/listen-now | gst-launch filesrc location=/dev/stdin ! decodebin ! pulsesink
You can replace pulsesink with osssink or alsasink

To convert the stream to mp3 for my audio appliances, I run this on my fileserver, which gives me a continuous stream to a local icecast server.

Code: Select all

while : ; do flvstreamer -m 30 -v -r rtmpt://fls3g1.services.att-idns.net/al1/9874_9200_01   -s http://radio.lds.org/mc_files/flash/theMormonChannelPlayer.swf -p http://radio.lds.org/eng/listen-now | gst-launch filesrc location=/dev/stdin ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! lame name=enc bitrate=128 ! shout2send password=hackme mount=mormon-radio.mp3 ip=192.168.1.70 port=8000 ; sleep 60 ; done
kylehart

Any Update

Post by kylehart »

Any update on a usable MP3/WMA stream that I could use on my Internet Radio and bypass the Flash player?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

kyleh wrote:Any update on a usable MP3/WMA stream that I could use on my Internet Radio and bypass the Flash player?
I believe the Church has actually made a switch to an MP3 stream now, but I will have to ask if it's publicly available yet.
butlerrl

Post by butlerrl »

Any update? I'd love to stream this without having to use the flash interface as well.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

mkmurray wrote:I believe the Church has actually made a switch to an MP3 stream now, but I will have to ask if it's publicly available yet.
Not yet. It is being tested and tweaked and is not ready for a huge number of connections yet.

Tom
samliddicott

musicpal is iphone compatible

Post by samliddicott »

samjam wrote:This is how I listen to mormon radio on the linux command line:
My internet radio is a musicpal. The beta firmware is "iphone compatible" and will play the iphone stream of mormon radio:
mms://us-eu-st14g1.att-idns.net/3102_9136_01.asf
It's nice that my internet radio appliance can play mormon radio now.

My dad can listen to mormon radio now without having to boot up his PC.

My mobile phone (windows mobile) is also "iphone compatible" and can play this iphone stream just fine.

My linux PC is also "iphone compatible" and can also play this stream just fine.

I know that internet radio owners, windows mobile users and linux users are such an insignificant minority I doubt we be a even a blip on the iphone mormon radio listening statistics.

Who'd of thought that a windows media stream would bring mormon radio to iphone, linux, and windows mobile - but it's great - nearly as good as the mp3 stream mentioned in preceding posts, whose coming I look forward to.

Hurrah to all involved!

Sam
BAP79

mp3 stream

Post by BAP79 »

Any word on getting an mp3 stream?

Return to “Other Websites”