myseminary.lds.org

Discussions about other Church websites
rykanz

myseminary.lds.org

Post by rykanz »

I am the high councilor over seminary for our stake, last year I was able to log into the myseminary app and see all the wards in our stake, and the registration of the youth in those wards. This was in addition to being able to see my own children. However, this year I can only see my children. As far as I am aware nothing has changed on our stake access side, does anyone know who I can check with to see how I can again see our entire stake? I need this to help stay on top of registrations and understand how many students we have per ward/building so that we can properly plan for teachers. This site shows that I should have visibility: https://www.lds.org/bc/content/ldsorg/s ... eaders.pdf. Any ideas?
Rodnisha

Re: myseminary.lds.org

Post by Rodnisha »

I have the same issue. I am the High Councilor over youth and seminary for the stake and I can only see My Family at this point in the app. This issue actually occurred for me when school started last fall. I could see My Stake with all the Wards prior to the start of the classes but once they started, I could no longer view the reports. I know I don't have access to WISE but didn't understand why I could no longer see the rest of the units to review whether or not an individual is on track to graduate or not this spring. I worked with my CES individual here in KY and he couldn't understand why I no longer could view the reports but had been trying to figure it out since October for me when I brought it up in that month's in-service meeting I was presiding at.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Rodnisha wrote:but didn't understand why I could no longer see the rest of the units to review whether or not an individual is on track to graduate or not this spring.
While the LCR FAQs doesn't really cover MySeminary, perhaps the answer is similar (emphasis added):
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?

Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
My suggestion is submit feedback on the MySeminary page. It may be an oversight, or it might be the Priesthood Department has changed the "business rules". Likewise, you could send a query up the CES "upline" to get a response. If it's a mistake, it will be corrected. But then again, the answer might clarify the responsibilities of a stake high council in this situation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Access to stake seminary students through MySeminary (app and online) for high councilors was removed.

Return to “Other Websites”