Missionary Papers - Applicant Side

Discussions about other Church websites
garritjohnson

Missionary Papers - Applicant Side

Post by garritjohnson »

I am starting my first online missionary application. I have initiated New Recommendation for a young man.

Here's my question ---- Where on his end is he notified so he can go in an access the online submission? I am not seeing this on my end or when we log onto his lds account.

Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missionary Papers - Applicant Side

Post by lajackson »

garritjohnson wrote:Where on his end is he notified so he can go in an access the online submission? I am not seeing this on my end or when we log onto his lds account.
When I last used the online missionary application system, the missionary was not notified. He asked the bishop to allow him access to begin his recommend, then he tried to access it at some point after he thought the bishop would have authorized it.

Some bishops I know turned on the application right there in the bishop's office. Others told the missionary they would set it up when they got home after church meetings. The missionary would then try later that evening, checking with the bishop again if he or she was not able to begin filling out the application.

I found that it gave the bishop and the missionary another reason to communicate that almost always was a benefit to both.

Return to “Other Websites”