ldscharts.com

Discussions about other LDS websites such as Mormon.org, ProvidentLiving.org, etc.
woodnd

ldscharts.com

Postby woodnd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:44 am

Has anyone used apps from the following website?

www.ldscharts.com

I just sent them the following request for information and we'll see how they respond:

Thank you for providing these apps! To what extent do you have access to our ward members names and callings when we use your apps? I am comfortable with the personal information agreement where my information is concerned, but I am highly reluctant to use any app that may gain access to our unit member's information without their consent.

Thanks for any insight you all may have!

Nate
Georgetown Ward Clerk (Kentucky)

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ldscharts.com

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 am

It looks like a placeholder as there's no information on how to access these apps. Frankly, I'm leery about them because I can't see how they could function without proving your lds account to non-church software - a big no-no.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

woodnd

Re: ldscharts.com

Postby woodnd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Agreed. Apparently you format an excel file on your PC and the app (also installed on the machine) connects to the that file so it stays local to the machine. I am not a programmer in any way so I cannot verify. At no time have they asked for my unit ID or lds.org ID.

Here is the response I received from them.

Hi Nate

An excellent question, and you’ll be pleased to know that we don’t have any access to your data. It stays on your PC/laptop, and doesn’t get transmitted to anyone or stored anywhere else.

Once you edit the Organization.csv file in Excel with your ward callings and members, the app just reads it, and displays the information as an Organization chart.

If you get stuck we will be happy to help to get you going.

All the best

The LDS Charts Team

Return to “Other Websites”