Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Online Donations

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:it would be almost as fun to know if they are rolling it out by unit number, alphabetically, regionally, or however.
Regionally -- by Church area.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I don't check very often (perhaps not in the past four weeks or so) but based on this flurry of reports I tried it today and, Yes! I now have access to the donations section at LDS.org! I don't think this was announced in my ward yet but, to be honest, I've arrived a bit late to church in the last two weeks so maybe I missed the announcement.
My real name is Greg Anderson.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:Regionally -- by Church area.
Wow. Those are pretty big hunks. My hope meter has ratcheted up another notch. [smile]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I count 5 areas covering the US, so at the rate of one a month, they'll be done in December ...... ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Dsnow554783

Post by Dsnow554783 »

My ward now has access. I can use the system just fine. I am trying to help the rest of the ward member get access. Some of the ward members are getting some errors. What is the best way to get technical support.

one of the error messages we are getting is " The unit you belong to does not support online donations. Please select a country that you want your donations to go to."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dsnow554783 wrote:Some of the ward members are getting some errors. What is the best way to get technical support.
You can try Ctrl-F5 to force the page to reload. Otherwise, I'd wait. It might take a bit of time to percolate through the server farm.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I count 5 areas covering the US, so at the rate of one a month, they'll be done in December ...... ;)
There are ten areas that cover portions of the United States. So yes, if five are already on the system, one a month would do it. It seems that at least four of them a working. (Utah has three and Idaho has one.)

And they have said all along that the rollout would be completed by December, which appears to be very achievable and, barring any difficulties, will probably actually happen.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't think all of Utah has it yet. My YSA stake in Provo doesn't have access – unless there's a bug.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:I don't think all of Utah has it yet. My YSA stake in Provo doesn't have access – unless there's a bug.
I imagine that within ecclesiastical areas they are rolling it out by stakes as quickly as they can. I heard that a stake belonging to the same area I do was a part of the beta test. I assume that stake still has it, but the rest of the area does not yet.

And some areas in the U.S. extend into Canada, and Canada is not part of the U.S. ACH system. So that would mean only the U.S. portion of those areas are a part of the rollout this year (unless something similar is happening in Canada). They would have to do that by stake, as well (maybe even ward/branch, in some border cases).

So I am guessing that they are taking the areas one at a time and activating all of the stakes within that area, then moving on to the next. It's probably all on a spreadsheet somewhere. [smile]
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote: It's probably all on a spreadsheet somewhere. [smile]
That is how we determined the order for the final LCR 3.0 release. :) Of course each group there was a day apart, and that was for the time to import the HTVT data.

Return to “Online Donations”