seminary.lds.org partially down

Discussions about other Church websites
cougar7

seminary.lds.org partially down

Post by cougar7 »

We have launched seminary registration via seminary.lds.org and it has worked fine until today. Attempting to go to the sight on IE 9, 10 or 11 defaults to a page requesting you update to a current browser like Chrome, Safari or Firefox. Can no longer log into the site with any Internet Explorer version I have tried. I can easily log in with another browser as a leader but some parents attempting to register are not comfortable being forced to change their browser. Additionally some folks that do get through are now being told the site is back in Beta and so their registration process works, but they are not shown as registered due to the Beta status.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: seminary.lds.org partially down

Post by Mikerowaved »

Strange, because I just accessed seminary.lds.org with both IE8 (XP) and IE11 (Win7) and was able to sign on with either one. Granted, the results were not formatted correctly for IE8, to the point where I couldn't see the list of students at all, but I wasn't too surprised about that. IE11 worked as expected.

I didn't see anything about it being in Beta. How were your people told that was the case?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cougar7

Post by cougar7 »

Just typed complete reply and this website crashed back to log in... Maybe it's something with my computer and a half dozen others in our Ward. IE will not open the seminary website from any of the 5 computers I have.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Nope. Not just you. We are having the same trouble.

Firefox seems to work most, but not all the time. I am taking either a lap top or an I-Pad (if it works there) to church tomorrow and having my exec secretary track the parents down.
cougar7

Post by cougar7 »

OK, today I can log in with IE or Chrome again. Still the site seems to have an issue as one student is annotated that all information has been entered and the legal disclaimer accepted by his mother, yet he isn't registered. New site and so must just be start up issues and we will keep working with it. We were able to register half of our students before the site quit working and so will try again.

Return to “Other Websites”