talentnetwork.lds.org not working

Discussions about other Church websites
bigmac182

talentnetwork.lds.org not working

Post by bigmac182 »

I decided to try out the new work for the church recruiting tool as talentnetwork.lds.org. I wanted to let someone know of the multiple issues with this site and how frustrating it was to work through the sites processes. I am in IT and deal with these kinds of issues all day and still found the site almost impossible to use.

The biggest problem is in the Talents section. First there are way to many categories to sift through to find things you have talents in, but once you do you cannot add them to the right side. When you first open the page (in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) you get an error that says "Unable to get resource. There was an error processing your request: Unable to get Resource". You can cancel that and start digging to find talents. Once you select them you click add which brings up a dialog box to have you rate your level of expertise. Once you do that and submit you get the following message 'There was an error processing your request: Invalid response '. I have tried this in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Same error. I tried it with multiple selections and single selections.

There were also issues adding church experience where it would hang and then not add but I can't recreate that.

As it stands I cannot complete my profile since I cannot add talents to it. I hope that this helps give information about what can be fixed to make this work. Feel free to reach out for questions.

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: talentnetwork.lds.org not working

Post by jdlessley »

The LDSTech Forum is primarily user to user support. We can discuss the issues here but your best chance of getting these issues to the correct people is by using the LDS.org feedback link. This link is found on the LDS.org home page and many others. However, not all LDS.org pages, such as the Talent Network site, have that link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bigmac182

Post by bigmac182 »

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for that on the page and couldn't find it and thought of coming here. I will go to the lds.org page and post. Thanks again.
StephenCWest

Post by StephenCWest »

I tried to complete my profile again today and continue to have problems moving to section 3. I can complete the first 2 sections with no problems. However, when I try to click the Next button to move to section 3, nothing happens. I have tried it multiple times unsuccessfully.
csw14086

Post by csw14086 »

HI there,
This is the message I receive when I try to log into the talent network.
Safari can’t open the page “http://talentnetwork-test.lds.org/Pages ... p&action=c” because Safari can’t find the server “talentnetwork-test.lds.org”.

Thank you,
Chris

Return to “Other Websites”