Temple Open House Reservation System Problems

Discussions about other LDS websites such as Mormon.org, ProvidentLiving.org, etc.
Senior Member
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm
Location: California, USA

Temple Open House Reservation System Problems

Postby mevans » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:42 am

I don't know if this is the correct forum to discuss the temple open house reservation system or not, but I'll give it a try. My main purpose in posting here is to post a longer message so that I can submit the link to LDS.org feedback, as that site appears to have some problems with message length.

This is regarding the temple open house reservation system (templeopenhouse.lds.org):

Problem #1: (https://templeopenhouse.lds.org/tickets ... eservation)
If I try to lookup an existing reservation, and my reservation has a letter in it, the lookup is case sensitive. It should not be. For example, suppose I try looking up reservation "18A29". If I enter "18a29" it cannot locate the reservation. If I change it to "18A29" the system can find my reservation. (for privacy purposes in a public forum, that is not my actual reservation number)

Problem #2: (https://templeopenhouse.lds.org/tickets/8)
After you select a language and number of people, the display changes to show you "Available Dates and Times". In the case of the Gilbert Open House, when there were no more English reservations available, some messages would appear to the right of the calendar, such as a message telling us that no reservations are available, or a later message stating that you're working on adding more tours. The problem is that if you go back and change the language, the screen doesn't update properly. The messages may be different based on the language.

One situation I created was I went to reserve a tour in Spanish. Everything looked fine, as tours were available. Then I switched the language to English. Everything still looked fine, like I could now make a reservation in English. It wasn't until I tried to confirm the reservation that the confirmation says it's in Spanish, even though my screen led me to believe I was making a reservation in English.

The specific test case seems to be changing the language and/or quantity of people in the situation where there is a special message at the right and/or if there are no tours available for a certain language. Without knowing how the system works, I can't create a better test case.

Return to “Other Websites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests