Mormon Channel on Samsung/LG Smart TV's?

Discussions about other Church websites
RossEvans

Re: Mormon Channel on Samsung/LG Smart TV's?

Post by RossEvans »

DavePeterson wrote:Where did you find the Samsung app? I am not able to find it in the catalog of apps on my Samsung Smart TV.
If memory serves, I found the BYU TV app this way: First I opened the Samsung Apps area found on the upper-right of the Smart TV screen. Browsing within the "What's New" section (or some similar label), I found the BYU TV icon. Selecting it installed the BYU TV app, which thereafter appears in the scrollable rows of installed apps at the bottom of the Smart TV screen.
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by JonesRC »

RossEvans wrote:In sampling BYU TV programming on the Samsung app this week, I have noticed a persistent problem with the video and audio being badly out of sync.
I contacted BYU and submitted the concerns and it should be noted that BYU did not build or submit this app.
WendyE

Post by WendyE »

I hope soon they will make a BYUtv app for vizio smart tv. My family has really enjoyed Granite Flats, but we'd love to watch it on the tv and not just the crowded around the computer screen. Please let us know if/when it becomes available!
tesene

Post by tesene »

Just a +1 regarding the Mormon Channel app for the Samsung Smart Hub. I'm anxiously awaiting this also. It will be a great too for FHE! Thanks devs for all you do!
pmr1020

Post by pmr1020 »

I noticed yesterday that the BYUtv Android app has been released. Any updates on when we will see a BYUtv app for Samsung Smart TV's?
bradlywilson

Post by bradlywilson »

There's interest to see an LG app too FYI. Thanks.
chrislondon

Post by chrislondon »

I would be interested in helping develop a Mormon Channel and BYUtv app for Samsung Smart TVs... Who should I contact?
ornery75

Post by ornery75 »

Has it happened yet. I just bought an LG Smart TV and I would like to have Mormon Channel. I have a roku, but it is for the TV upstairs. Is that really the only solution I have is to go out and buy another Roku?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ornery75 wrote:Has it happened yet. I just bought an LG Smart TV and I would like to have Mormon Channel. I have a roku, but it is for the TV upstairs. Is that really the only solution I have is to go out and buy another Roku?
I've seen no indications that an app for smart TVs is even on the drawing board, let alone under development. Given the limited development resources of the Church, and the many pending projects of considerably higher priority, it's my personal opinion that such apps will never be built by the Church. But even if they were, it would be well into the future. So I think it would be unwise for you to make plans on any assumption that such apps will arrive in the next year or two; if you need a solution in the near future, you'll need to use existing technologies, such as Roku.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

aebrown wrote:
ornery75 wrote:Has it happened yet. I just bought an LG Smart TV and I would like to have Mormon Channel. I have a roku, but it is for the TV upstairs. Is that really the only solution I have is to go out and buy another Roku?
I've seen no indications that an app for smart TVs is even on the drawing board, let alone under development. Given the limited development resources of the Church, and the many pending projects of considerably higher priority, it's my personal opinion that such apps will never be built by the Church. But even if they were, it would be well into the future. So I think it would be unwise for you to make plans on any assumption that such apps will arrive in the next year or two; if you need a solution in the near future, you'll need to use existing technologies, such as Roku.
The lds.org link at the top of this thread still says the app for the Samsung TV is "coming."

Return to “Other Websites”