Missionary Online Recommendation System: Can't Sign In

Discussions about other Church websites
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Stories are surfacing that the system is taking much more traffic than it normally does since the announcement. Varying figures are out there, but suffice it to say it's multiples of what the system normally handles on average in a week.

However, given the amount of web traffic the Church sites generate daily, and weekly, and that being much higher anyway, that should not have caused the problem either.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Facebook stat (pinch of salt) was 7000 applications last week apparently, against the normal 600.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TinMan wrote:I hope I get a letter sometime in the near future that would point me there.

When there is a What's New item, it normally will show up the next time you sign in to the Online Missionary System before you are taken anywhere else at the site. The site seems to keep track of whether or not you have read the latest What's New item(s).
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I don't think it did for me, unless I just blew by it. I opened it up Sunday morning to check on the progress of one of my elders, and opened it up earlier today to check for the opening poster.

But again, I could have just ignored it....

:)
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

I just think with something quite so significant - a letter is/was probably warranted?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

yep. agreed. Plus it is something the Stake President is going to have to discuss with us so all the bishops are on the same page. At least in our stake.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our stake president is already aware of this requirement. And after his interview with a prospective missionary, he is going to know the answers to these questions and will not have any trouble completing the application.

That said, I think this is really an area that would be better left to priesthood leaders to work through, while we deal with the more mundane technical issues of making sure they are able to sign in to the Missionary Online Recommendation System to do so.

This is, after all the actual topic of the thread, and is more in line with our charter here at the Forum. So we should probably leave it at that.
MinsonBT

Post by MinsonBT »

chrissaw,

I'll see if I can get more information for you to see if there is supposed to be an error message, but if your bishop has submitted your recommendation to the stake president, there isn't anything further for you to do in the system.

It looks like other responses in this thread are thinking that you meant that your bishop has initiated your recommendation, not submitted it to the stake president.

Can you tell me what you're trying to sign in to the system to do, and I'll see if I can help?
jjenif

Post by jjenif »

Hi, I am a Bishop trying to use the Missionary Online Recommendation System. I have submitted several Missionaries already and I am trying to finish up and forward another Missionary's application to the Stake President. My problem is that I can't stay connected to the site. Sometimes when I log in I can click through and finish the application. Other times, usually at night I can sign in and it immediately logs me out. Usually when this happens I have to wait and try to log in early in the morning or sometime in the middle of the day.

I have tried using both Mozilla 17.0.1 and IE 9.0.11. I have also tried deleting cookies and such but this has no positive effect that I can tell. I am located in Idaho and have a reasonably fast connection. The problem seems to persist on both browsers.

Am I to assume that it is a bandwidth issue or is it possible that I have some settings that need to be changed?

Thanks
brittanynicole4

Re: Missionary Online Recommendation System: Can't Sign In

Post by brittanynicole4 »

I am now having the same problems that have been described before... when I try and log in the log in page just refreshes and doesn't let me in. Does anyone know if the system is down right now? It has been doing this for a few hours now. I have tried from both Firefox and Safari on several computers. Thanks.

Return to “Other Websites”