Missionary Online Recommendation System: Can't Sign In

Discussions about other Church websites
Chrissaw

Missionary Online Recommendation System: Can't Sign In

Post by Chrissaw »

When I try to sign into the Missionary Online Recommendation System, it sends me back to the log in page, with no error message. My bishop says he has submitted my reccomendation. What do I do?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Congratulations! An exciting time.

If you can sign on to LDS.org, that means your lds account is working. You can do that, right?

If you can do that, then you need to talk to your bishop and make certain he has done his part right. Ask him to make sure he sees your name under the "candidate completing forms" section.

Patience is a hard principle to learn, isn't it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure if there's a delay between what the bishop does and when things become available to you.

You might want to verify that your account is set up properly. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org, and verify that your birth date is correct. If not, then there's a possibility that you've entered the wrong MRN when setting up your account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

There is no delay. I verify a candidate, check to see if his/her name comes up, and have him or her log onto their account all in the same interview. I just want to make sure they know how to access it. :)

edit adding: That reminds me. The missionary needs to sign onto the site with his own account. They cannot use mom or dads account. Some assume they can.
Chrissaw

Post by Chrissaw »

Yes, it is a very exciting time for me and my family. My bishop in my YSA ward just finished his part yesterday evening, so there may be a problem of delay. I have a LDS.org account and have been using it for years now, so I don't think that is my issue... I just checked my account, and all of my information (including my MRN) is entered. I have tried signing into the Missionary Online Recommendation System on IE and Google Chrome, both with pop-ups disabled and cookies erased, but it will not work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like it's time for the bishop to verify he's selected the right person. Especially if your dad's full name is very similar to yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Chrissaw

Post by Chrissaw »

RussellHltn wrote:Sounds like it's time for the bishop to verify he's selected the right person. Especially if your dad's full name is very similar to yours.

I guess I'll have to double check with him. But my father's name is not similar to mine.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I would give the bishop a call and make sure he has done his part correctly. I just went and checked and the system seems to be working normally for me. :)
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Going slightly OT - has anyone with access to the Missionary Application seen the latest post under 'What's new'?!

Wasn't aware that policy in 'certain areas' was being clarified in this way.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Wow.

I guess I should really read "what's new" more often...

I hope I get a letter sometime in the near future that would point me there. I would have NEVER found it without your post.

:(

Return to “Other Websites”