Sites that I recently found

Discussions about other Church websites
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sites that I recently found

Post by russellhltn »

If you find a website that uses the logo and is not run by the church, and you think the church may be unaware of it, it might be worth dropping an email to copyright people to make them aware of it. Don't get into a long thing, just say "this site doesn't appear to be official but it's using the logo" and let them take it from there. You may or may not get a reply.

Their email can be found in the "Rights and Use Information" link at the bottom of lds.org pages.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1968leocomeeatabite

Re:

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

hg4144 wrote:It is really quite exciting as to the web sites the Church is developing.
I've tried to keep up with them on my website:

http://myldslinks.com/official_lds.html

If anybody has any suggestions or comments just let me know.

Howard --

Howard, So do you believe that you only have official sites listed on your web site? Do you go through a certain criteria to make sure? Do you also list sites that are sponsored by the church but are not official? Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It may not be complete, but you can fun a fairly extensive list the wiki.
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Church_Websites
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1968leocomeeatabite

russellhltn wrote:It may not be complete, but you can fun a fairly extensive list the wiki.
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Church_Websites
Wow! wow! wow! I had no idea! This is amazing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Re:

Post by aebrown »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Howard, So do you believe that you only have official sites listed on your web site? Do you go through a certain criteria to make sure? Do you also list sites that are sponsored by the church but are not official? Thank you.
That myldslinks.com site is a bad site; I'd advise you to stay away from it. I don't know if it was ever a well-intentioned site, but it certainly isn't now.
1968leocomeeatabite

aebrown wrote:
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Howard, So do you believe that you only have official sites listed on your web site? Do you go through a certain criteria to make sure? Do you also list sites that are sponsored by the church but are not official? Thank you.
That myldslinks.com site is a bad site; I'd advise you to stay away from it. I don't know if it was ever a well-intentioned site, but it certainly isn't now.
THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING! Much appreciated.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:
aebrown wrote:
THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING! Much appreciated.
To clarify, the site myldslinks.com isn't "bad" in the sense discussed on this thread – it's just that the link doesn't work because the site doesn't exist anymore. It was posted on the forum 6 years ago, but now it directs to is a standard "this web domain is not being used" filler page.

Here you can see what the site used to be: https://web.archive.org/web/20120309041 ... l_lds.html. I don't think everything on that list is official, but they all seem to be doctrinally sound sites, anyway.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:To clarify, the site myldslinks.com isn't "bad" in the sense discussed on this thread – it's just that the link doesn't work because the site doesn't exist anymore. It was posted on the forum 6 years ago, but now it directs to is a standard "this web domain is not being used" filler page.
Actually, it directs to a very operational site, the value of which the user will need to determine personally.
brendenjensen

Post by brendenjensen »

I was familiar with the other domains but the first two I didn't recognize but I always wondered about stuff like that.

Return to “Other Websites”