LDSTech Forum Uses LDS Account

The latest forum news and information
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

I tried to reregister it told me they already have a person with that name and told me to change my name... hmmm I hve tried with all possible names and passwords.... I have asked for mail to get my name, password even help from the adress fron Teckincs...... I have not got any mail... weird! :eek:
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Maya wrote:I tried to reregister it told me they already have a person with that name and told me to change my name... hmmm I hve tried with all possible names and passwords.... I have asked for mail to get my name, password even help from the adress fron Teckincs...... I have not got any mail... weird! :eek:
If you already have an LDS account and have forgotten your username/password you can have it Emailed to you OR you can click the little box that says that you don't have an Email and then enter your membership information. You should be able to work your way through the series of questions and get back into your account.

If you do not already have an LDS account and someone else has chosen the username that you would like to use, then you'll have to pick a different username.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

Ok I have not tried that box yet.. will go try now... uh what day I was babtized again...
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Maya wrote:uh what day I was baptized again...
Don't worry. You only need your birth date now... :D
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

No it asks for the.. what do you call it when you are given the HS. If I ask it to send me the name I registered. If I try to re-register it just tells me, that they already have someone using that e-mail... maybe I need to re-register with an other e-mail and name... but that would not be as good as geting in my old account. :o
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Maya wrote:No it asks for the.. what do you call it when you are given the HS. If I ask it to send me the name I registered. If I try to re-register it just tells me, that they already have someone using that e-mail... maybe I need to re-register with an other e-mail and name... but that would not be as good as geting in my old account. :o
Maya,

You are only permitted ONE LDS account. As I indicated earlier, if you have forgotten your Username or Password go to the web site of http://ldsaccount.lds.org and click on the words "Can't Sign In".

If you provide an Email address AND you're previously registered, you will be sent your logon information. If you do not have access to the Email address that you originally registered with then you can check the box that says that you don't have an Email and then fill out the membership information.

If you enter your LDS information (Membership Number and your Date of Birth) you should be able to get back into your account.

All of this assumes that you registered in the first place.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Maya wrote:No it asks for the.. what do you call it when you are given the HS.
The English word you are looking for is "Confirmation". In addition to your Membership Record Number, LDS Account used to ask for your confirmation date, but now it only asks for your birth date.
Maya wrote:If I try to re-register it just tells me, that they already have someone using that e-mail... maybe I need to re-register with an other e-mail and name... but that would not be as good as geting in my old account. :o
As you work through the process of recovering your user name, you can say that you don't have or remember your e-mail address. Then you enter your Membership Record Number and your birthdate. If those pieces of information are successfully entered, then you will have to answer a couple of additional security questions (you would have specified those answers at the time you registered). If you answer those questions correctly, then you are logged in to your account and you can change the e-mail address associated with your account (or any other information on your profile).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

OK got it.... You NEED to correct the norwegean on the site from bekreftelses dato to fødselsdato; It asks for confirmation date not birthday!
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

I must have a spell on me... I got the thig asking if I am xxxx and I am so I said yes. I changed my e-mail to hotmail, as I am afraid my MG dont show the junkmails at all... Then I did not get in to change password with that name that I was asked if I was this person, to cange my password, but I got in with the one I thought was my "username". But as I tried to connect this user name and the new password ... it did not work... btw I DID get an information on my MG mail about changing my e-mail and I did get in my junkmail in hotmail the mail of changing the e-mail and password. But now it says it sends the password to my gmail... not hot mail... and I dont get a mail in either....:o
jeromer7

"near future"?

Post by jeromer7 »

McDanielCA wrote:The LDSTech forums will be switching to LDS Account in the near future.
The original post in this thread was made on February 26, 2010. Just curious how close we may be getting to actually switching the Forum to LDS Account.
JLR

Return to “Announcements & Policies”