participant release

The latest news and information
lisaheuer

participant release

Postby lisaheuer » Mon May 13, 2019 6:05 pm

I am not finding an answer for this... do we need a participant release to take photos at YW Camp, Youth Conf, etc.? Photos are not going to be used for advertising or posted on social media, we aren't putting them on a blog or a website, just a final slideshow and sending a link to participants who wish to download.

What is the proper avenue? The participant release seems a bit overboard for this. :)

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: participant release

Postby russellhltn » Mon May 13, 2019 6:16 pm

internet.lds.org is titled "Use of Online Resources in Church Callings"

Item #6 says "Other people’s personal information must never be displayed. Images or videos of other people should not be displayed unless the individuals have given written consent."

Just "sending a link" is still an Online Resource, even if it's not social media. So, if it was my call to interpret, I'd say it's required.

I realize that's not the social norm. I suspect the policy is written to keep the church and its leaders out of legal trouble. All it would take is one parent to be upset by posting their children's photos on-line to make things ugly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Announcements & Policies”