Members of High Priest Quorum showing in Elders Quorum

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Members of High Priest Quorum showing in Elders Quorum

Post by russellhltn »

leidasolo wrote:"Because stake presidencies and bishoprics are responsible for all members of the stake or ward, these brethren are not generally assigned as ministering brothers to specific individuals or families."
In the language of the Handbook, the power of "no" is something like "shalt not", "should not" and "not generally", with the latter as being fairly weak.

To me "not generally" isn't the same as "the function will not be available in LCR". I can see why a bishop would want a specific member assigned to him (or one of the bishopric). The bishop might have a reason for not having them be assigned to someone else and there isn't any other way to classify the person in such a way as to prevent them from being assigned. (Unassigned for a reason.)

In other words, I can understand the logic of not assigning the bishopric to the general pool of Ministers, but doesn't exclude the idea of having specific families assigned to them to accomodate special situations. To me, that's still in harmony with the directive quoted above.

However, the stake president does have the keys of interpretation for his units. If you have any special situations, it might be worth talking to him about that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Members of the stake high priests quorum are not official members of the ward elders quorum, but they appear on the ward elders quorum lists to facilitate the following: (1) assigning ministering brothers to their family, (2) so they appear on attendance rolls to be counted in priesthood meeting attendance, and (3) so they appear on phone lists so they can be included in activities, service projects, and such.
leidasolo

Post by leidasolo »

Thank you! Very helpful. Is there a reason, scgallafent, why there’s not a HP quorum list on the Stake level? Simply not needed, or?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

leidasolo wrote:Thank you! Very helpful. Is there a reason, scgallafent, why there’s not a HP quorum list on the Stake level? Simply not needed, or?
I believe the plan was to have that as part of the Aug 1 release.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

leidasolo wrote:Thank you! Very helpful. Is there a reason, scgallafent, why there’s not a HP quorum list on the Stake level? Simply not needed, or?
As jonesrk said, it is planned for a future release. There is some discussion about whether it will make the August 1 release.

Part of what is needed went into a test environment on Friday and the LCR side still needs to be finished and tested. The ministering changes are top priority, so the high priests quorum list depends on whether there are any higher priority issues with ministering that need to be addressed.

You won't see it if it is released, since I believe it is only visible to stake leaders.

Return to “General Discussions”