Date finding

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
terezak

Date finding

Post by terezak »

Good morning everyone,
I just would like to ask you, where I can possibly find the date of Annual General Conference held in October 2015, we're going to go there from Central Europe and I'd like to book plane tickets.
Could you please help me to find the date?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Date finding

Post by kisaac »

terezak wrote:Good morning everyone,
I just would like to ask you, where I can possibly find the date of Annual General Conference held in October 2015, we're going to go there from Central Europe and I'd like to book plane tickets.
I see from this Church website : About General Conference The following:
When is the next general conference?

Conference sessions are held the first weekends in April and October. They are held Saturdays and Sundays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. mountain time.
Welcome to the forum, and I hope this helps!
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kisaac wrote:
terezak wrote:Good morning everyone,
I see from this Church website : About General Conference The following:
When is the next general conference?

Conference sessions are held the first weekends in April and October. They are held Saturdays and Sundays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. mountain time.
I would note that sometimes this can be a bit ambiguous when the first Sunday falls on the 1st of April or October. Generally that is indeed the Sunday of General Conference, with the Saturday session on March 31 or September 30, but there have been a couple of exceptions.

But in any case, the answer to your specific question is unambiguous: the date for October 2015 conference is absolutely firm at October 3-4, as you can see in the official 2015 Broadcast Schedule.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In rare cases, General Conference can be moved during the year. I think the last (and only time I can remember) was due to the Olympics. That may have been the year the Olympics was held in SLC.

But as I said, it's quite rare.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”