Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Post by sbradshaw »

jonesrk wrote:I think part of the reason for that time frame is that there will be a beta period and it will definitely not be out of the beta before the end of Q1.
Also, after everything's finalized, they need to get it translated into 35 languages.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
winddani

Post by winddani »

Has anyone noticed the release notes for LCR "Release 3.0Date Released: 17 June 2015" (https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng)?
It states that:
Home and visiting teaching management. Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available.
Does this mean it is available? Or is it slated for availability in June?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

winddani wrote:Has anyone noticed the release notes for LCR "Release 3.0Date Released: 17 June 2015" (https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng)?
It states that:
Home and visiting teaching management. Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available.
Does this mean it is available? Or is it slated for availability in June?
That is when it will be released according to the current schedule. It's currently in alpha test with a few stakes involved (those who have a member of the development team in them). It will then presumably go through a beta test with some additional units. If there are significant problems in either stage the release could be delayed.

So if all goes well it will be released in June. But don't be surprised if it's delayed.
sch39

Post by sch39 »

Our stake just got moved to the Beta Test of LCR. It says though in using it that users must be authorized by stake pres. What does this mean? Is there a button in the stake pres. version to authorize this?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sch39 wrote:Our stake just got moved to the Beta Test of LCR. It says though in using it that users must be authorized by stake pres. What does this mean? Is there a button in the stake pres. version to authorize this?
I believe that is referring to your stake being a part of the beta. Rights to LCR are controlled by the callings a member has.

In this case the migration to LCR 3.0 takes some time on our side at church headquarters, so instead of just releasing 3.0 to everyone we are moving large groups to the beta, until for the last group LCR 3.0 will just be released and the beta will be over.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jonesrk wrote:
sch39 wrote:Our stake just got moved to the Beta Test of LCR. It says though in using it that users must be authorized by stake pres. What does this mean? Is there a button in the stake pres. version to authorize this?
I believe that is referring to your stake being a part of the beta.
You are referring to the line in the BETA LCR 3.0 details:
"Your stake president must authorize your using the beta version of Leader and Clerk Resources."
And it goes on to say the reason is that it deals with "live" membership records and data. I don't think your stake president has a "button" in any "stake president version" to authorize you to use this in your stake, so if you have questions about his authorization for you to use the BETA 3.0 in your unit, perhaps your branch/stake clerk or one of his assistants could answer if your president is aware of the BETA or has any concerns about his units using it.

I have not heard of any really big issues yet, and my unit has been using it since mid March. I think at this point, the major testing has been done, and it seems the BETA 3.0 of LCR is really just a slow roll out of the final release:
jonesrk wrote: In this case the migration to LCR 3.0 takes some time on our side at church headquarters, so instead of just releasing 3.0 to everyone we are moving large groups to the beta, until for the last group LCR 3.0 will just be released and the beta will be over.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
t0008sa

Post by t0008sa »

Our ward went live for the new system this week!
danvandam

Post by danvandam »

I was just informed by my ward clerk that we are a part of the beta trial for this. I went online and noticed that all of the changes we made on Thursday June 4th did not carry over to the online beta version. Does it take a few days to update? Did our changes get lost in translation?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

danvandam wrote:I was just informed by my ward clerk that we are a part of the beta trial for this. I went online and noticed that all of the changes we made on Thursday June 4th did not carry over to the online beta version. Does it take a few days to update? Did our changes get lost in translation?
EDIT: You can learn exactly how it happens here.

Headquarters pulls a snapshot of HT/VT data from MLS and updates LCR a few hours before the change. It is likely that you were caught in some bad timing. If they pulled the information just before you made the Thursday updates, and then switched you to LCR 3.0 just after, I believe you will have to make the Thursday changes again in LCR.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

kisaac wrote:I think at this point, the major testing has been done, and it seems the BETA 3.0 of LCR is really just a slow roll out of the final release
Yes. We have removed the beta notification, so users won't be getting this as we proceed with the roll out.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”