Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
webbjwyo

Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Post by webbjwyo »

Our Stake Tech person said we could now report home teaching on LDS.org and did not have to do it on MLS any longer. He actually refered to it as MLS online. I'm not finding it. If this is true can someone guide me to where it is so my Elder's and HP can report from home. And is the same true for RS Visiting Teaching?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Post by sbradshaw »

The section of LDS.org you are looking for is called Leader and Clerk Resources. Many helpful tools and reports are available there, with access given according to your calling. However, home and visiting teaching functionality is not yet available.

To see what is currently available, you can go to Leader and Clerk Resources under the "My Account and Ward" menu on LDS.org, or go directly to Leader.LDS.org.

Tools and reports for home and visiting teaching are expected to be released in the next few months, at which point you will no longer need to use MLS. Until then, you'll need to use MLS.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

webbjwyo wrote:Our Stake Tech person said we could now report home teaching on LDS.org and did not have to do it on MLS any longer.
It's on it's way, but I think his announcement was premature. We were promised "1Q 2015", but that's not over yet. And it's been delayed once.

Secondly, even when it's available, it may not be available to you immediately. Someone has to make a decision as to when you switch from MLS to on-line. It affects both HT and VT. When the switch is made, MLS can no longer be used for data entry, only for historical information.

Last I heard hasn't been decided if that decision will be made at the ward or stake level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

webbjwyo wrote:If this is true can someone guide me to where it is so my Elder's and HP can report from home. And is the same true for RS Visiting Teaching?
Also note that there are no plans in the initial release for members to personally report their home/visiting teaching. The first release will simply implement the functionality currently in MLS. Although plenty of people have requested the ability for members to report their HT/VT, I've not seen that feature listed in any published plans, so I wouldn't count on such a feature being available anytime soon.
t0008sa

Post by t0008sa »

Looks like the implementation is now scheduled for 2Q 2015.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

t0008sa wrote:Looks like the implementation is now scheduled for 2Q 2015.
Where is that information coming from?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In his other post, he said it was delivered in a MLS message.

All I can say is they must have quite a bit of work to do if they're calling it with 3+ weeks in the deadline.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I think part of the reason for that time frame is that there will be a beta period and it will definitely not be out of the beta before the end of Q1.
LegardeM

Post by LegardeM »

The message states the roll out will happen in Q2.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:I think part of the reason for that time frame is that there will be a beta period and it will definitely not be out of the beta before the end of Q1.
Good point.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”