Building Mechanics

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
musselmandl

Building Mechanics

Post by musselmandl »

Wondering if there would be any interest in starting a "Forum" for Church employee building mechanics? Help each other with projects, problems or just ideas. How to fix/repair, troubleshoot, or offer the simple I understand. I know there is a wealth of knowledge in this group, just may not be in the right place a the right time. After all everything I know I learned from you.
mevans

Re: Building Mechanics

Post by mevans »

These forums seem to be oriented toward technology, so it might not be the place for general building mechanics (although I'd find interest in reading such a forum if I had the time--I can't get through everything here as it is). I'm sure some of the discussion forums relate to your job, but not all of them.

I can see how you'd think to come here. My wife just got a new calling and the first thing I thought of when she was looking for resources was to come to the forums and then when I looked for a forum relating to her calling I remembered that we're focused on technology here, not the general church.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I don't see any reason not to have a forum like that on this board. Click on the members area in the top right corner and find Tom Welch... or follow this link, it should work... https://tech.lds.org/forum/memberlist.p ... le&u=27351 On that page there is a 'Send a private message' option... you might try that avenue, maybe he'll put that together for you.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johnshaw wrote:I don't see any reason not to have a forum like that on this board. Click on the members area in the top right corner and find Tom Welch... or follow this link, it should work... https://tech.lds.org/forum/memberlist.p ... le&u=27351 On that page there is a 'Send a private message' option... you might try that avenue, maybe he'll put that together for you.
Tom Welch hasn't been involved with LDSTech for years. The current manager for LDSTech is Alan Smoot.

Return to “Help with this forum”