Missing Ordinations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mserious1

Missing Ordinations

Post by mserious1 »

Brethren,
A new member which moved into our ward has no recorded Priest and Elder ordinations on his membership records.

He is showing up as a Teacher in MLS. However, his father, who is also in our ward remembers performing the ordinations.

They are from a small branch in North Dakota. I'm thinking the ordinations were not recorded properly. Can someone show me where to find the church policy that deals with missing ordinations.

Thanks,

Brother Serr
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing Ordinations

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. I'm not finding that section. Handbook 1: 13.6.20 refers to Handbook 2, chapter 20. But skimming that chapter I see nothing about corrections.

The RKTS site has a short card on corrections: Membership > Membership Records > Correct Membership Records. Then you can download a PDF to see the actual information.

You need witnesses. From prior policy I think there were guidelines on who could be a witness but this one-page card doesn't seem to go into that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Missing Ordinations

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Good question. I'm not finding that section. Handbook 1: 13.6.20 refers to Handbook 2, chapter 20. But skimming that chapter I see nothing about corrections.
The procedures are outlined in Handbook 1: 16.1.10.

Return to “Membership Help”