Year End Audits

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Deepcove

Year End Audits

Post by Deepcove »

Can anyone tell me when LUFAS will be open to start conducting Year End 2013 Audits?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Year End Audits

Post by aebrown »

Deepcove wrote:Can anyone tell me when LUFAS will be open to start conducting Year End 2013 Audits?
By policy, the year-end audits are conducted during February. I have no specific knowledge of when LUFAS will allow the audits to begin, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was well into January.

As I search through forum posts from early in this year, I see posts on January 16 that seem to imply that LUFAS was available for the year-end audits. Of course, it might have been available before then. And there's no guarantee that this year will be exactly like last year. But I do see that the new S8/W8 forms are already available on LUFAS, so you can do any preparation for audits right now. You wouldn't be starting the audits until February 1 anyway, so I don't see anything that would hold you up in your audit process.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Year End Audits

Post by lajackson »

Deepcove wrote:Can anyone tell me when LUFAS will be open to start conducting Year End 2013 Audits?
January 15th, just as last year, according to the notice at the Official Communication Library. As aebrown said, the S8/W8 forms are already available for downloading if you wish to get an advanced peek at any changes.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”