Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dsigns

Re: Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Post by dsigns »

What is Relief Society 2 on the visiting teaching reports-who is it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dsigns wrote:What is Relief Society 2 on the visiting teaching reports-who is it?
A ward can split its Relief Society into 2 or more groups (similar to having multiple priesthood quorums). If you're seeing "Relief Society 2" then that means that your ward has a second RS group. If that was done accidentally, then a clerk will need to remove the second group.
annetitterson

Post by annetitterson »

how can I report the visiting teaching for the ward from my home computer .
I saw how it is done in the clerks office but I don;\'t have the same headings
as relief society I need to know that .
If you could help me it would be deeply appreciated
Anne Titterson
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

annetitterson wrote:how can I report the visiting teaching for the ward from my home computer .
When you go to Leader and Clerk Resources, and then select Organizations / Home and Visiting Teaching, there is a drop down menu box at the right under Print. Select Relief Society and you should be able to see what you saw in the clerk's office. The page defaults to the high priests group.

The Household tab allows you to report sisters visited by name, or you may prefer the Companionships tab.
davidjpoe

Post by davidjpoe »

lajackson wrote:
annetitterson wrote:how can I report the visiting teaching for the ward from my home computer .
When you go to Leader and Clerk Resources, and then select Organizations / Home and Visiting Teaching, there is a drop down menu box at the right under Print. Select Relief Society and you should be able to see what you saw in the clerk's office. The page defaults to the high priests group.

The Household tab allows you to report sisters visited by name, or you may prefer the Companionships tab.
russellhltn wrote:
webbjwyo wrote:Our Stake Tech person said we could now report home teaching on LDS.org and did not have to do it on MLS any longer.
It's on it's way, but I think his announcement was premature. We were promised "1Q 2015", but that's not over yet. And it's been delayed once.

Secondly, even when it's available, it may not be available to you immediately. Someone has to make a decision as to when you switch from MLS to on-line. It affects both HT and VT. When the switch is made, MLS can no longer be used for data entry, only for historical information.

Last I heard hasn't been decided if that decision will be made at the ward or stake level.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidjpoe wrote:
lajackson wrote:...
russellhltn wrote:...
I'm not sure what the meaning of your post is. The first post from lajackson you quoted was fairly recent (28 November 2016). The second post from RussellHltn was way back in 2 March 2015, before the HT/VT features were available on LDS.org.

Do you have a question?
jpmproto

Post by jpmproto »

On LDS.org under /membership audits, forms, and reports/reports it states the following

"Home and Visiting Teaching
For home teaching, record the number of families who were visited by home teachers during the last month of the quarter. For visiting teaching, record the number of women who were visited or contacted by a visiting teacher during the last month of the quarter."

That would indicate to me that we count "visits" for the report for Home Teacher and "visits and contact" for Visiting Teachers.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jpmproto wrote:That would indicate to me that we count "visits" for the report for Home Teacher and "visits and contact" for Visiting Teachers.
Just change your quote of "visits and contact" to "visits or contact" and then it will be correct.

Home teaching should be conducted in the household home where possible. Unlike home teachers, visiting teachers merely need to contact their sisters to have completed the monthly visiting teaching. The reasons for the differences are found in the Handbook 2, 7.4.1, for home teachers and Handbook 2, 9.5.1, for visiting teachers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
meme05

Post by meme05 »

When will members be able to log in to lds tools and report their monthly home and visiting teaching? This would save hours and hours of work for supervisors each month and would be pretty easy to develop. If home and visiting teaching is a priority we should have the appropriate technology available to make this easier for all involved and make reporting more fun and less of a burden.

When the user logs in with their lds account, they would see a screen that populates their current VT assignment with checkboxes to the right to indicate "yes" that they did or "no" didn't do a visit and a drop down for the month. There could be a comments field that could be viewable by those with the appropriate permissions (i.e. Relief Society President, Bishop, etc.) Every month the lds tools app could send out an automatic push notification asking the user to report their visiting or home teaching (if they are assigned) with an option to take you directly to the survey right from the push notification. Could be a lot simpler for everyone!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

The suggestion to facilitate online HT reporting has been discussed in other threads. Some useful insight may be found in this thread:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ng#p147477

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”