New Quarterly Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: New Quarterly Report

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:You will not be able to see the report until the quarter has ended. For Clerk Resources, this is the morning of April 1. For MLS, this is after your first send/receive on or after April 1. Reports for subsequent quarters will not be available until the day after the quarter ends.
April 1st, which time zone? Don't want someone from Guam complaining at Noon, March 31st MDT because it's 5AM April 1st his time and he can't see it. :rolleyes:
I almost included that information, but didn't want to over-complicate my message. April 1 local time.

For the curious, CMIS generates its baseline early in the morning of the first day of the quarter in the unit's time zone. MLS used to generate its baseline when the clerk started the quarterly report. Now, CMIS generates its baseline at the same time. Once that is available to Clerk Resources, the report is available for editing in Clerk Resources. MLS will receive the CMIS baseline on its next send/receive and then the report is available for editing in MLS.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

scgallafent wrote:For the curious, CMIS generates its baseline early in the morning of the first day of the quarter in the unit's time zone. MLS used to generate its baseline when the clerk started the quarterly report. Now, CMIS generates its baseline at the same time. Once that is available to Clerk Resources, the report is available for editing in Clerk Resources. MLS will receive the CMIS baseline on its next send/receive and then the report is available for editing in MLS.
This is a good improvement. I'm guessing that MLS generating the numbers when the quarterly report was started was the cause of the frustrations a few quarters ago when they started sending address-unknown members back to wards right as quarterly reports were being entered...
mcveycolo

Post by mcveycolo »

So a question about these submissions....In January our Temple District was given the ability to print family file cards at home. Does this printing at home trigger a submission and give the ward credit for that person doing a submission? I also see above that sharing with a temple triggers a submission for that person....really? Is there a way to get a list of members in the ward that have done submissions in the quarter. Our ward has a goal of every active adult and YMYW doing 1 submission this year and gathering the "Who's Done It" is going to be difficult at best unless it's out there electronic. Thanks TMcVey
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mcveycolo wrote:So a question about these submissions....In January our Temple District was given the ability to print family file cards at home. Does this printing at home trigger a submission and give the ward credit for that person doing a submission?
Yes, it does.
mcveycolo wrote:I also see above that sharing with a temple triggers a submission for that person....really?
Yes, really!

There are three triggers now:
  • Generating a Family Ordinance Request
  • Printing a temple card
  • Sharing a reservation with the temple
mcveycolo wrote:Is there a way to get a list of members in the ward that have done submissions in the quarter. Our ward has a goal of every active adult and YMYW doing 1 submission this year and gathering the "Who's Done It" is going to be difficult at best unless it's out there electronic.
No, there is no way to see a list of members who have made submissions. Although that could certainly be useful and the underlying data is available, it would be a significant bit of work to make the specific data available to the right set of people, and that is not the highest priority for FamilySearch right now.

So for your goal this year, you'll just need to do it the old fashioned way and make personal contact with people.
mcveycolo

Post by mcveycolo »

Another question on this same topic....say a young man reserves a name in his ancestry, prints at home a family file card with just the baptism and confirmation work available and takes that name and does the baptism and confirmation. He then shares the same name needing Initiatory, endowment and sealing to parents with his father who prints at home another family file card with those ordinances and takes the card to the temple and completes the ordinances. Does that then count as a submission for the young man and a submission for dad? Seems that it would but....

Thanks so much for you timely response to my inquiries. It's very helpful! We got our ward to 59 people with submissions in Q1 or 19%. We were driving for 20% each quarter! We had two more done about 11:30pm, March 31st here in Denver but we must have missed the cut-off otherwise we would have made the 20%. Is there an exact time that the program runs? Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

No, that would not count as a separate submission for the dad. What is counted is names submitted, not ordinances. In your scenario, the name would have already been counted when the young man printed the temple card, and would not be counted again.
mcveycolo

Post by mcveycolo »

So that response prompts concern...if I'm working my pedigree and come across names that have had all but sealing to parents completed and I reserve those sealings that's not going to count as a submission because all the other ordinances were completed sometime ago, perhaps 50 years ago, someone did the first ordinances. So unless you reserve a name for baptism, confirmation it won't show as a submission????
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mcveycolo wrote:So that response prompts concern...if I'm working my pedigree and come across names that have had all but sealing to parents completed and I reserve those sealings that's not going to count as a submission because all the other ordinances were completed sometime ago, perhaps 50 years ago, someone did the first ordinances. So unless you reserve a name for baptism, confirmation it won't show as a submission????
Mostly right. Completing ordinances for people who have already received some temple ordinances is a wonderful thing to do, but that's not what is being tracked in this particular statistic. The line in the quarterly report is labeled "Adults and youth who submitted ancestor NAMES for temple ordinances" (emphasis added). To be counted in this statistic, you have to be the first person who submitted a particular name.

However, that may or may not be triggered by a request for a baptism ordinance, since it is possible for a child to die before age eight and not need baptism, but still need to be sealed to parents. In that situation, the request for a sealing to parents ordinance will be the trigger for counting the submission of the name.
mcveycolo

Post by mcveycolo »

Thanks so much for your responses and I hope I'm not a bother! I see that you're a "Community Administrator" and a "Stake Clerk" in Sandy.
The gathering then of information just became very complex. It's no longer a matter of calling and asking "Did you do a temple submission this quarter?". That won't work because to the unknowing, reserving those missed ordinances or lost ordinances constitutes a submission but you're telling me that that is not necessarily so. I know for sure in the case of 59 people in our ward that did submissions last quarter a number of them were counted as doing a submission but they may have only done a sealing to spouse or parent & I counted them as doing a submission. My manual number hit exactly the system number of 59...wonder how that worked out?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It sounds like your definition of a submission of a name is different than the Church's definition. What statistic are you trying to gather? Are you trying to figure out who did their own family names at the temple? Would this include a youth whose parents researched and printed the name, but it's still their family name? Are you trying to find out who pressed print in FamilySearch? Would this include people who pressed print, but then passed the name on to someone else in the family or ward to do? Or are you trying to figure out the number of individuals who, on their own, went to FamilySearch, printed a name, and did work for that person in the temple? There are several potential statistics here:
– Members who did research on FamilySearch.
– Members who found an ancestor in their line who needed ordinances and printed a card.
– Members who went to the temple.
– Members who did work at the temple for someone's family name.
– Members who did work at the temple for their own ancestor.
– Members who did work at the temple for their own ancestor, whose name they found and printed themselves.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Reports and Forms”