International Recruiting

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

tomw wrote:Check out the article we just published on the this home page.

New LDS Connected Pilot Program

Tom
Way cool! That's what I was looking for...

I think this is the best way to locate us, Recruiter!
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Just signed up. Hmm another networking site. Though there IE plugin to get your outlook contacts isn't working. Oh well.
- David
greenwoodkl

Church Recruiting Database

Post by greenwoodkl »

I like the ideas presented so far... Here are a few unorganized thoughts on the matter:

As a near-graduate in a technical program at BYU, I am very much interested in opportunities to work for the Church. However, in most of my searches of the online opportunities site from LDS.ORG, the positions are looking for experienced candidates who have been out in industry for a while.

My thoughts are that there should be some system developed whereby a database of interested candidates could be kept so that those of "us" interested but perhaps without the experience could be tracked and a profile updated as we gain experience so that Church recruiters can come find "us" when we meet the requirements.

If options are available for entry-level positions, those positions should be better marked/searchable on the online database for visibility. Recruiting efforts at Church schools and other locations could be improved to say for example: "If you are interested in entry-level positions at the Church, here are the standard descriptions and positions. If you want to come back some day, here is a typical baseline of prerequisites and how you can keep in touch with recruiters."

Just my ramblings and my 2 cents...
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

kgthunder wrote:My thoughts are that there should be some system developed whereby a database of interested candidates could be kept so that those of "us" interested but perhaps without the experience could be tracked and a profile updated as we gain experience so that Church recruiters can come find "us" when we meet the requirements.
That was my idea as well if it was to be a home-grown solution. But even with this LinkedIn thing, you could still kinda do this.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

kgthunder wrote:I like the ideas presented so far... Here are a few unorganized thoughts on the matter:

As a near-graduate in a technical program at BYU, I am very much interested in opportunities to work for the Church. However, in most of my searches of the online opportunities site from LDS.ORG, the positions are looking for experienced candidates who have been out in industry for a while.

My thoughts are that there should be some system developed whereby a database of interested candidates could be kept so that those of "us" interested but perhaps without the experience could be tracked and a profile updated as we gain experience so that Church recruiters can come find "us" when we meet the requirements.

If options are available for entry-level positions, those positions should be better marked/searchable on the online database for visibility. Recruiting efforts at Church schools and other locations could be improved to say for example: "If you are interested in entry-level positions at the Church, here are the standard descriptions and positions. If you want to come back some day, here is a typical baseline of prerequisites and how you can keep in touch with recruiters."

Just my ramblings and my 2 cents...
I do agree with you, finding the positions that fit your education and experience is a little difficult for the time being. However, we are working on making it easier to find the jobs you are looking for. For your experience, maybe you would be interested in an internship. We often hire many of our interns. If you go to the Internships section there is an up do date list of ICS internships currently available.

Also, when you apply for a job, a profile is automatically created for you. If you keep it updated, we can use that as a tool to recruit you :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, can someone clue me in on how this all works? I've never set up a facebook or myspace page. I kind of like to keep the different compartments of my life separate. Is that possible or is this a case where potential employers see my religion or other social aspects?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:OK, can someone clue me in on how this all works? I've never set up a facebook or myspace page. I kind of like to keep the different compartments of my life separate. Is that possible or is this a case where potential employers see my religion or other social aspects?
No, no. LinkedIn is not like Facebook or MySpace at all. It's a professional networking site and really nothing more. Religion and anything not related to employment is not required nor even asked.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

In most social connecting sites you control how much you want revealed (nothing to everything) in the privacy options.

In this case you would click "my profile"->"edit my public profile" and then select what you want shown in your public profile.
- David
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

mkmurray wrote:No, no. LinkedIn is not like Facebook or MySpace at all. It's a professional networking site and really nothing more. Religion and anything not related to employment is not required nor even asked.

But you can still control even how much of your public profile is available. Your public profile is more like a resume then an about my life page.
- David
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

thedqs wrote:But you can still control even how much of your public profile is available. Your public profile is more like a resume then an about my life page.
Yes you can control every piece of information that is visible to the public and who you are "linked" to.

Return to “Technical Recruiting”