Global recession affecting LDS employment?

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
dtaylor26-p40

Global recession affecting LDS employment?

Post by dtaylor26-p40 »

The Church's employment site is one, among others, that I monitor regularly regarding position offerings in an attempt to gauge the job market in Northern Utah regarding I.T. I've noticed a substantial reduction in the number of jobs in general, and I.T. specifically, being listed at this site.

Am I mistaken, or is the Church curtailing hiring at the moment? If so, is that a result of the current financial climate? I was aware of a hiring freeze enacted by the Church 7-8-9 years ago, and I'm wondering if the same sort of situation is in play here.

(Insert standard disclaimer about me apologizing if I'm wrong)
(Pray to avoid a flame war if the above statement falls through).
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dtaylor26 wrote:The Church's employment site is one, among others, that I monitor regularly regarding position offerings in an attempt to gauge the job market in Northern Utah regarding I.T. I've noticed a substantial reduction in the number of jobs in general, and I.T. specifically, being listed at this site.

Am I mistaken, or is the Church curtailing hiring at the moment? If so, is that a result of the current financial climate? I was aware of a hiring freeze enacted by the Church 7-8-9 years ago, and I'm wondering if the same sort of situation is in play here.

(Insert standard disclaimer about me apologizing if I'm wrong)
(Pray to avoid a flame war if the above statement falls through).
That is correct. The Church currently has a hiring freeze.

Tom

Return to “Technical Recruiting”