Hymns

When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
dalebsmith

Hymns

Post by dalebsmith »

I would like to see apps for church hymns both alphabetically and by number. :o
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

dalebsmith wrote:I would like to see apps for church hymns both alphabetically and by number. :o

I would suggest that you use the "Feedback" link at the bottom of LDS.ORG to submit your suggestion. This forum is primarily for community discussions with an occasional entry by a church employee.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jeffvand

Hymn App

Post by jeffvand »

dalebsmith wrote:I would like to see apps for church hymns both alphabetically and by number. :o

I can't remember the name of them anymore (I don't have my iPhone anymore... ditched it for a droid), but there is certainly some apps out there already. Do a search for lds hymn and you will find it. As I recall it had PDF versions of the hymns.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

On my iPhone, I use Gospel Library, which contains the text of most hymns, and a free app called LDS Hymns, which shows the hymns in pdf format with music, where the copyright allows.

LDS Hymns is linked based on either hymn number or title. Gospel Library is only linked by number, but includes the index, so the workaround is to look up a hymn name in the index and then go to that hymn number.

Or, as I do most frequently, listen for the number when the hymn is announced in the meeting.

Because I do not usually sing the melody, I prefer having the music displayed by LDS Hymns.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

A hymn app for iPhone.
A Children's Songbook app for iPhone.
A combined app for iPad.

A community project to update the Interactive Music Player at music.lds.org (which uses software from Legato Media), and its corresponding discussion forum.

Return to “Development Help Wanted”