We are getting ready to begin interviews for a number of exciting leadership positions here at Church Headquarters with regard to implementing technology to benefit the Church. As these are highly contested, highly rewarding, but highly demanding positions, I'm going to answer many of the questions I've been getting about them in the form of a FAQ below.
* What positions are open now and what technologies will they manage?
The positions are as follows:
- Senior Technical Program Manager – Communications: Provide leadership and vision for the Church's implementation of communication technologies including video conferencing, video streaming infrastructure, IP telephony, audio conferencing, etc.
- Senior Technical Program Manager – Data and Reporting: Provide leadership and vision for the Church's implementation of database (Oracle), data modeling, data cleansing, and data reporting technologies.
- Senior Technical Program Manager – Enterprise Content Management: Provide leadership and vision for the Church's implementation of Enterprise Content Management solutions including digital media asset management, digital imaging, document management, etc.
* How would you describe these positions?
As follows: We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager with passion, energy and drive who is willing to take the lead in developing leading-edge technology solutions to be used throughout the Church. The Program Manager must be willing to take responsibility for successful development of critical enterprise systems.
Leading a team of architects, testers, systems engineers and project managers, the Program Manager's technical decisions and direction drives projects through to completion. Working throughout the organization, Program Managers translate user requirements into product features and create functional specifications. They then prioritize and deliver on those features, by providing technical leadership as well as project direction to engineering resources. Program Managers are energized by a challenge and are willing to take responsibility for the success of critical Church IT solutions. They are ultimately responsible for the direction and the related decisions for all projects they manage.
Please note that this is a senior level position in the Information and Communication Systems department of the Church. We expect applicants with broad experience possessing significant evidence of successful leadership of large, complex IT projects.”
* Do I have to have technical depth and experience?
Absolutely. Program Managers are not project managers. While proejct management is an important function here, it is a different discipline that program management. Program Managers lead the technical efforts of a highly skilled set of technical engineers and architects - leadership in this way required technical depth and credibility.
* What is the pay range for these positions?
This depends on the experience and expertise of the candidate. I will say that these are highly empowered positions managing complex efforts of significant impact on Church IT. Pay is commensurate with those responsibilities.
* How do I get more information about these jobs?
You can review complete job listing by going to http://lds.org/emp/emp2.html.
* How do I apply for the position?
Go to http://lds.org/emp/emp2.html and submit your profile.
* When will you hire?
We would like to hire as soon as possible - however, hiring time-frame depends on how long it takes to get a pool of qualified candidates for this level of position. Interviews will start at the end of this week (beginning on Friday, April 27th, so candidates need to apply before then if they want to be considered.
* What if I have more questions about these positions?
Send email to the recruiting manager - Conor Callaway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
- What's New
- Announcements & Policies
- In The News
- Links & Resources
- Church Technology for Members
- LDS.org Website
- Leader and Clerk Resources
- Lesson Schedules
- Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures
- Online Donations
- Beta Testing
- Beta Calendar
- Beta Directory
- Beta Lesson Schedules
- Beta Maps
- Beta Newsletter
- Beta Clerk Resources
- Other Websites
- Mobile Applications
- Gospel Library
- Android Gospel Library
- BlackBerry Gospel Library
- iPhone/iPad Gospel Library
- WebOS Gospel Library
- Gospel Library for Windows
- Windows Phone Gospel Library
- LDS Media Library
- LDS Tools
- Android LDS Tools
- BlackBerry LDS Tools
- iPhone/iPad LDS Tools
- WebOS LDS Tools
- Windows 8 LDS Tools
- Windows Phone LDS Tools
- Mormon Radio Channel
- LDS Account
- Family History
- FamilySearch Products
- FamilySearch Family Tree Application
- FamilySearch Indexing
- Family History Centers
- Genealogy Industry Issues
- Software Development
- Other Member Technologies
- Church Historical Timeline
- Emerging Technologies
- Accessibility to Church Technology Products
- Interactive Books & Magazines
- Gospel App & Game Contest
- Community Discussions
- General Discussions
- LDSTech Featured Article Discussions
- Technical Recruiting
- Development Help Wanted
- Family Safety with Technology
- Clerk Support
- Getting Started for New Clerks
- MLS Support, Help, and Feedback
- Reports and Forms
- Local Unit Finance
- Membership Help
- Help Center Website (Formerly RKATS)
- General Clerk Discussions
- Meetinghouse Technologies
- Meetinghouse Internet
- Clerk Computers
- Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices
- FAQs for Local Unit Copier Program
- Broadcasts and Conferences
- Internet Streams
- Personal Video Conferencing
- Rich Media in Lessons and Training
- Meetinghouse Audio
- Other Meetinghouse Technologies
- Stake Technology Specialist Training
- Community Development Projects
- Mobile Development
- Interactive Music Project
- Java Web Project Support (Stack)
- Audiovisual Media and Emerging Technologies
- Getting Started
- Digital Media
- General Media Discussions
- Help & Feedback
- Help with tech.lds.org
- Feedback on tech.lds.org
- Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)
- Ideas & Suggestions
- Adobe Flex
- Enterprise Change Management
- Personal Ancestral File (PAF)
- FamilySearch Wiki
- Australia Area Technical Support
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest