Need Help with PHP Program for Church

When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
kennard

typo in the agreement?

Post by kennard »

This may be a little nit-picky, but since it's a legal agreement, thought I would mention it. Seems like a typo in the last few words of Section 2:

Shouldn't it say "on terms more restrictive *than* the terms of this Agreement." instead of "on terms more restrictive *that* the terms of this Agreement." ?

Doug
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Kathryn wrote:I can assist with technical writing and UI / Interaction Design. I've completed the individual contributors license agreement.

Kathryn
Tom W. is the one to respond to your submission of the agreement via email. He informed me a day or two ago that he's pretty busy for the next few days, but I am sure he will get to your submission as soon as he can.

And, dougk, I'll make sure he notices your suggestion. Thanks.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RussellHltn wrote:UI critic? :D

That works to, you've been doing a good job on the HT/VT reporting site.
- David
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

I should be able to help with the PHP programming, at least occasionally.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Just sign the form and Tom will add you to the list of users.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dougk wrote:This may be a little nit-picky, but since it's a legal agreement, thought I would mention it. Seems like a typo in the last few words of Section 2:

Shouldn't it say "on terms more restrictive *than* the terms of this Agreement." instead of "on terms more restrictive *that* the terms of this Agreement." ?

Doug
Good catch. I've fixed it.

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

When helping with this project, some of the documents are in OpenOffice formats. While searching I found out that Microsoft has written a translator and is financing a plugin on SourceForge for Microsoft Word. The plugin will work with Word 2003, Word XP, or Word 2007.

Here is the link for anyone interested: ODF plugin for Word
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Ah you beat me to it. I was just testing that plugin out. Anyway it does interface nicely into Word 2007 except it is a converter which means it converts the documents into Docx and then opens up the docx file and then when you save (must save using the special menu) it converts the docx into a odt which you must overwrite the previous one with.

Also you lose some features of the document but we'll see how that goes.
- David
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Ok, I have finally uploaded and committed the original website GUI files that I made a while back for this project. Just get the latest from the SVN repository.

NOTE: You have to join the project by filling out the form Tom W. posted in order to have access to the SVN repository.

Please someone make them better! :o

Let get this project going!!!

P.S. Also there is an IRC chat that you can join if you want to discuss the details of this project. Tom W. posted the information in [thread=565]this thread[/thread].
KathrynGZ

How to proceed?

Post by KathrynGZ »

Hi folks,

I'm not quite clear on where we go from here. Tom, are we waiting for a formal go-ahead from you? Is all communication on this project taking place on the IRC chat you set up, rather than on this forum? Should we just review the files mkmurray posted and send feedback on whatever we notice, or do you want feedback on specific aspects of the project?

Just want to make sure I'm clear on the goals and priorities.

Thanks!

Kathryn

Return to “Development Help Wanted”