Need Help with PHP Program for Church

When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Any status update on this proposed project?
WelchTC

Re: Status

Post by WelchTC »

Let's get it started. When would be a good time to chat online to discuss specifics? What is the best medium? We can easily create an AOL chat room. How does that work?

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

tomw wrote:Let's get it started. When would be a good time to chat online to discuss specifics? What is the best medium? We can easily create an AOL chat room. How does that work?

Tom
Well, I would say most people here on these forums are probably working during business hours or attending classes/studying. I'd say we should post a time a few days in advance to give some people time to see the announcement. Would it be ok with everyone to have a log of the conversation to be posted for those who missed the chat?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

mkmurray wrote:Well, I would say most people here on these forums are probably working during business hours or attending classes/studying. I'd say we should post a time a few days in advance to give some people time to see the announcement. Would it be ok with everyone to have a log of the conversation to be posted for those who missed the chat?
Yes, we can post the chat log here. I'd say let's shoot for Thursday night 7:00 MST as a target.

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

tomw wrote:Yes, we can post the chat log here. I'd say let's shoot for Thursday night 7:00 MST as a target.

Tom
The medium?

AIM? MSN? Skype? GoogleTalk? Those are the ones I have.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

mkmurray wrote:The medium?

AIM? MSN? Skype? GoogleTalk? Those are the ones I have.
Let's go with AIM. As Thursday approaches, I'll post the AIM chatroom.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

tomw wrote:Let's go with AIM. As Thursday approaches, I'll post the AIM chatroom.

Tom
I'll be online in the LDSTech AIM chat room for those who would like to join the discussion.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Do we have a record of the chat and what was discussed? Although I haven't had time to look over the requirements and such I would like to know how this project is going.
- David
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

thedqs wrote:Do we have a record of the chat and what was discussed? Although I haven't had time to look over the requirements and such I would like to know how this project is going.
Well it turned out to just be Tom W. and myself. I gave Tom the go ahead to post our conversation, but he may have to do some editing of any sensitive Church information before posting it to the public for all to see. Tom is working on a Subversion repository and some more documentation. I started on coding up the HTML and CSS pages (no PHP logic yet). I'm really not the best designer at all. We could really use someone with an artistic touch on this project. Of course, the project is just internal to a handful of employees within the Church, so "pretty" is not absolutely necessary. If anyone wants to see what I have done so far on the pages, email or PM me and I'll send you a link to where I am hosting the files I am working on.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Ok sounds good, I'll just wait for the post. As for being artistic there was a reason why I am a computer engineer. :D
- David

Return to “Development Help Wanted”