Open source Java project

When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
hallut-p40

Additional Programs

Post by hallut-p40 »

I would love to see a program to track cub scout awards. It would also be great if it could extend to scouts, young women, etc. This could be a value added resource to communicate what has been accomplished between parents and scout leaders. Also, a great time saver to see what awards need to be given.
carljokl

Still need Java Developers?

Post by carljokl »

I have newly signed on to this forum only having come across it today. Is there some Java coding which needs to be done. Many of the posts are about a year old now so I am not sure what the current state of play is. I am a professional programmer with lots of Java experience and recently some .Net (not that I care too much for .Net but it pays the rent).

I keep hearing about a Java stack being referred to? I get the impression that this is some Java framework which the Church owns but am not sure. Could anyone clarify this?
HaleDN
Church Employee
Church Employee

Java Stack

Post by HaleDN »

Welcome, Carl!
Carl Jokl wrote:I keep hearing about a Java stack being referred to? I get the impression that this is some Java framework which the Church owns but am not sure. Could anyone clarify this?
The Java Stack which has been mentioned a few times is a set of core Java technologies which work well together and have been preconfigured by a core set of developers at the Church for Church developed Java projects. These aren't unique to Java development (Java 1.5, JPA, Spring, Maven, TestNG, JSF, Facelets, Acegi, etc.) but this project setup process makes the project setup significantly easier, from what may take several days down to a few minutes.

There was a discussion for releasing this stack configuration (with associated scripts) as open source, but there are so many settings unique to the internal environment at the Church that management decided not to go this route. This doesn't mean that a similar open source project could be started, taking portions of the functionality from the Church's stack, but it won't be released in its current state.
- David

personal blog: http://ldstech.org

Return to “Development Help Wanted”