New post: Why Do I Need an LDS Account?

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kisaac wrote:I now must ask the stake clerk for his printed copy that he is ALLOWED to share with me. [...] If assistant clerk's are allowed access to a printed "handbook 1" through their ward clerk's hard copy, why not have online access "as needed?"

As I understand it, assistant clerks access to the Handbook is up to local interpretation. The Handbook doesn't explicitly say they do or they don't. The folks programing the system have taken the more conservative interpretation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:As I understand it, assistant clerks access to the Handbook is up to local interpretation. The Handbook doesn't explicitly say they do or they don't. The folks programing the system have taken the more conservative interpretation.
This is true for Handbook1. But my post #10 was addressing the inaccuracies of statements made in the article that I feel should have provided more clarification.
You can access resources specific to your calling. ... Clerk Resources is a portal with training, tools, and information specific to clerk callings.
That is true for just the ward clerk calling (singular) but not for the other clerk callings (assistant ward clerk, assistant ward clerk - membership, and assistant ward clerk - finances).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:TThat is true for just the ward clerk calling (singular) but not for the other clerk callings (assistant ward clerk, assistant ward clerk - membership, and assistant ward clerk - finances).

It's interesting that all the flavors of Assistant Stake Clerk except for Assistant Stake Clerk - Finance are able to access Clerk Resources, but that's apparently not true at the ward level.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:It's interesting that all the flavors of Assistant Stake Clerk except for Assistant Stake Clerk - Finance are able to access Clerk Resources, but that's apparently not true at the ward level.

According to the Access Table in the Clerk Resources section, it looks like ward assistant clerks have mostly the same access as the corresponding stake assistant clerks. Being a ward clerk I can't verify that personally but I think my membership clerk could access the clerk resources when I was training him.

The Access Table doesn't mention access to Handbook 1 though so that could very well be different.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:This is true for Handbook1. But my post #10 was addressing the inaccuracies of statements made in the article that I feel should have provided more clarification. That is true for just the ward clerk calling (singular) but not for the other clerk callings (assistant ward clerk, assistant ward clerk - membership, and assistant ward clerk - finances).
aebrown wrote:It's interesting that all the flavors of Assistant Stake Clerk except for Assistant Stake Clerk - Finance are able to access Clerk Resources, but that's apparently not true at the ward level.
At the ward level assistant ward clerk, assistant ward clerk - membership can get to Clerk Resources. Assistant ward clerk - finances can't.

I think the confusion is that the access to Handbook 1 is different (only the ward clerk can access it).
paulpehrson

Post by paulpehrson »

JohnShaw wrote:I have been asked to put together some kind of marketing campaign for the stake... maybe a glossy to put on a bulletin.. a nice color PDF would be great. Is there a possibility of having something like that made out of content in this article. It seems ripe for the using.....
You might want to ping johnsonth directly and see what (if any) material he has created that can be distributed to stakes and wards. If wonder if this is something that all wards/stakes may find useful.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”