The Meetinghouse Technology Team has initiated a project to move related content from the Meetinghouse Technology section of the LDSTech wiki to LDS.org.
The following are several reasons for the change:
- Make it easy to provide content in ten languages (99% coverage): English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian.
- Provide clear delineation from authoritative content and community-contributed content.
- Secure sensitive content with role-based authentication.
- Reduce the number of locations where content is published.
- Integrate content with LDS.org personalization effort (displaying information related to your Church calling on the home page).
- Change page layouts (design) without having to write code.